• 14 •

*Authors Note - Hi, i'm sorry it's been really slow with the updates, i've been in the hospital and also dealing with my psycho ex and all the legal shit surrounding that, but if you've stuck around I really appreciate you and thank you <3

Obsessive Love ~ Chapter 14 <3
Alia Knight

I take a deep breath in and groan as I roll over in my bed. Nope, not my bed. I open my eyes and recognize Rafe's room, the sun was shining into the room and it would be beautiful if my head didn't feel like it had just been hit by a ton of bricks. I hop out of bed and look down, I was wearing a large t shirt, a pair of sweatpants, and my hair had been put into a ponytail. I open the door and look around the quiet hallway. "Rafe?" I whisper down the stairwell. "Rafe?" I whisper again. I slowly start walking down the stairs and immediately turn around when I see Ward standing by the door, sipping on a cup of coffee.

I scurry back up the stairs and into Rafe's room. I shut the door behind me and nearly jump out of my skin when I see Rafe sitting on the bed. "How? You, But,-" I sputter and Rafe cocks his head at me. "Bathroom, Knight." He points towards the now open bathroom door. "I thought you left." He says as I sit down next to him. "No I was just looking for you." I admit as I smooth the t shirt over my legs.
"You sleep well?" He asks and I nod, "I think so?" I bite my lip as I answer, "I don't really remember anything." I shrug.

"I don't know what you were doing over there but you could've gotten hurt. Those guys were about two times your age." He blustered. "What guys?" I question and he stares at me, "So you really don't remember anything?" He asks and I nod.
The realization suddenly hits, I had gone to Barry's, something I promised myself I wouldn't do again. I immediately rush into the bathroom and pull the sweatpants down. I feel a burning sensation between my legs. I grab a piece of toilet paper and wipe, nearly breaking down when I see  trace of blood on the white paper.

I walk back into the room and Rafe looks at me with concern. "Are you ok?" He asks and I smile at him. "Yeah." I say as I sit back down. I pause for a second and look at him. "No." I admit as I look down at my hands. "I can't believe I let this happen to me, again." I whisper.
"Let what happen?" He asks. I look at the ground and keep my eyes there. "Barry raped me." I say, my voice getting shaky. "And he did it again last night, or one of his friends did." I feel a tear slide down my cheek and immediately wipe it away. "But it really doesn't matter." I insist as I begin to stand up. Rafe pulls me right back down and takes my hands in his. "It does matter." He says but I could barely look at him. I knew if I did that the tears that had formed would come rushing out.

"And you said again?" He questions and I nod, "First time was when I was 15."
Rafe looks up and it looks as if he's trying to do the math in his head. "He was 23." I sigh and I can feel his grip on my hands tighten. I look up at him and wonder if I said anything wrong by the way his face had reddened and the rigid cords in his neck. He slowly lets go of my hands and stands up. "I gotta go, your keys and purse are on the dresser." He says firmly as he walks out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I sit there in disbelief, not quite sure what had just happened. All I knew was, this was the first time i've ever told anyone this and if thinks for just a second he can just leave after that he's dead fucking wrong. I sling my purse over my shoulder and grab my keys before following his path. I hurry down the stairs and run out the door just as he's getting into his car. I rush over to his car and slam my hands against the window. Rafe looks up and rolls his window down. "Lia." He acknowledges me but keeps his eyes glued on the windshield.