• 9 •

Obsessive Love ~ Chapter 9 <3
Alia Knight

"That was...wow." Ash sputtered as the door swung open. Rafe walked into my house and looked between the two of us. Ash gave me a confused look and then flipped her hair over her shoulder as she started back up the stairs.
"What are you doing here? I could've handled that myself." I huffed and he gave me a small smile, "Yeah you seemed to be handling that perfectly." He scoffs, "What was going on anyways?" He asks and I just shrug, "Nothing." I mumble.

His forehead creases and his eyes narrow, as if he was trying to study my mind. He pursed his lips together and then shook his head. "I'm here to take you to Toppers." He says. Topper was throwing another one of his parties tonight, and I was always in attendance. I raise an eyebrow at him, "Why are you taking me? I'm going with Ash." I frown as he continues to avoid eye contact with me.
"I told you, Topper asked me to look after you." He shrugs and I begin picking at my nails. "All the time?" I ask and he nods, "Until that pogue leaves you alone at least."

"Well, why can't Topper do it?" I question and he chuckles, "You really expect Topper to take care of things? He can barely throw a punch." He scoffs and I shake my head, "Ok fine. But let me handle my own fights."
Rafe sighs and looks at me, "If I see you getting your shit rocked I'm stepping in." He says and I open my mouth to reply. "Wasn't asking Knight." He declared before walking towards my living room and making himself comfy on the couch.
"Go get ready." He says as he picks up a book and starts aimlessly flipping through the pages.

"Why is Rafe here?" Ash asks the second I open my bedroom door. I exhale as I walk towards my closet. "He's taking us to the party." I reply and I can hear her groaning from behind the closet door. I pull of my shirt and go searching for a new one. "Why." She insists as she barges into the closet. I quickly cover my arms over my chest as I turn to look at her, "Jesus Ash." I groan and she shrugs, "Nothing I haven't seen before." She pushes her way past me into the closet.
She hands me a black top and taps her finger to her chin as she starts rummaging through my skirts. "This." She holds out a matching black skirt to me. I take the skirt from her as she sits down at the vanity on the wall of my closet.

"So now do you wanna tell me why Rafe is taking us to Toppers?" She crosses her legs and rests her hand on her chin as if she was about to get earth shattering news. "Look, you know how we feel about Rafe. He just turns everything around him into a giant MMA match." She mutters as she checks her fingernails. She frowns as she looks at her set, "When the fuck did that one chip?" She asks, suddenly more invested in her nails than the conversation she started.

I begin changing as she rambles on about her nails. My thoughts were going at about a million miles per minute as I zipped up my black heeled boots. I couldn't stop thinking about JJ, about how my so called friends had accused me of lying, and about how Rafe wouldn't fucking leave me alone. I pull out a gold necklace, that had a small "A" attached to the end. I trace my fingers over the letter and smile to myself. Every year growing up, my dad would get me a gold necklace with an "A" on it. I usually only worse them on special occasions, but I needed a little extra strength lately.

"Ok i'm ready." I say while running my brush through my thick black hair. Ash opens the closet door, wearing a similar top but in white, paired with a white skirt. "I'm the angel, you're the devil." She says with a smile as she dramatically poses. "Please never say that again." I groan and she giggles while running her hands through my hair. "Fine. Let's go."

•••••••

We arrive at Toppers and climb out of Ash's car. I could already hear the music blasting from inside the house as we walked towards the front door.
I clutched onto my purse and as soon as we walked through the door, I ran upstairs and locked myself in Toppers room. I quickly grab the small bag of white powder and my id out of my purse. I had just started to roll up a bill that I found on Toppers dresser when the door opened.
I turn around to see Rafe leaning in the doorway.
"The doors locked." I huff and he looks at the open door and then back at me, "Not anymore it's not." He says as he begins to walk towards me, my attempt to cover the evidence of the coke completely back fired as I knocked the bag onto the floor.

His eyes snap from mine to the bag and stay there for a few seconds. I can see his jaw tighten as he stares at the bag. I clear my throat and pick the bag up, "You do cocaine?" He asks as his eyes finally leave the bag. I swallow as I shove the bag back into my purse, "It's my first time." I mumble while pushing past him and waking my way to the door. "For it being your first time you seem pretty experienced Knight." He nods towards my setup. "It's not that difficult to figure out." I snap before exiting the room. I make my way down the stairs and hear Rafe's footsteps swiftly gliding after me.

"Jesus Rafe, Leave me alone for five god damn minutes." I snap before walking further into the house. "TOPPER!" I call out his name, pushing through the aimless amount of kooks crowded into his house. "You ok Al's?" Topper emerges from the crowd and walks up to me. "Why did you tell Rafe to watch after me? Like seriously I'm fine, I don't need any protection." I sigh and Topper furrows his brows, "Uh Al's, I didn't tell him to look after you."