Part - 24

Dhara ran to Ansh.

D : 🥺🥺 aa..aapne kisse baat ki? Apne daddy se? Kab baat ki? Kahan mile wo aapko? Bolo na beta? Sach mein aapke Daddy aye the school mein? Kya bole wo? Mere bare mein pucha unhone?

Ritwik was looking at her with teary eyes.

D : Sunny suna tune Veer zinda hai.. Veer .. Veer .. mera Veer zinda hai. Sunny .. tumne suna na.. 😭😭 Duggu beta bolo na aapko kya bola Daddy ne? Wo aapke sath kyun nahi aye.. apne unhe ghar par kyun nahi bulaya?

She was blabbering this and that. Ansh saw towards Ritwik confusing who signed him to go to his room. Ansh went but Dhara still was blabbering. Ritwik went to her and hugged her tight. Suppressing his emotions he spoke to her to calm her down.

R : shh shh 🤫 Laddoo. Main jaunga na kal usse le aunga. Tu fikr maat kar. Aab nahi bhagega wo. Bunny ko main tere paas le aunga Laddoo. Tera Veer zinda hai..

Somehow she got calm and rested her head on his shoulder being tired.

D slowly : tujhe pata tha na?

R : shaq tha. Aur Sarah humare shaadi wale din yehi baat karne wali thi.. but..

D : tune rok liya tha.

R : haan kyunki main nahi chahta tha koi ummeed jaage. Agar yeh sach na hota toh ummeed tut jati aur phir se sabko dukh hota.

D : hmm

She snuggled into his chest. But he just patted her back and made her lay on bed. She looked at him missing his warmth. He didn't look at her. He just tucked the blanket on her and checked on Viaansh and went from the room. She just saw his retreating figure.

Ritwik checked on Ansh who was sleeping in another room and went to his study room. Locking the door from inside he cried, just cried and just cried.

After too much crying he fell asleep on the floor only.

Here in the room, Dhara's mind was clouded with various thinking. She was happy to know that Veer is alive and now she has a fear of losing Ritwik. The feeling which she was feeling since months was not letting her sleep today whereas this feeling was the reason for her sound sleep. She was just too confused. Thinking this she also slept.

Next day morning,

Dhara was already woke up, she prepared breakfast and lunch already. She thought Ritwik woke up early as she did not see him on bed.

After finishing her works she went to Ansh's room thinking Ritwik must be there but to her shock Ansh was still sleeping and there was no sign of Ritwik.

D : yeh Sunny kaha chala gaya? Pahele Duggu ko ready kar deti hu phir dekhti hu..

She woke up Ansh and made him ready..

D : Duggu! Beta aap jaake breakfast table pe baitho .. main Papa ko dekhke ati hu.. Aur sara breakfast finish karna..

A : Mumma aaj Daddy ke paas jayenge na? Aap ne bola tha .

Dhara smiled and nodded in yes..

D : haan beta jayenge. Aur unhe inha leke bhi ayenge..

A : toh aab Dadda bhi humare sath rahenge na?

Dhara was silent. Not able to answere his innocent question.

A : bolo na Mumma.. aab main, Viu, aap Papa and Daddy ek sath rahenge na?

Dhara did not answer and went away from there. She searched Ritwik the whole house. At last she came to study room. The room was locked so she knocked the door. Receiving no response she again knocked.