Chapter 14

Amalia's POV

As I entered the classroom, a heavy silence fell over the room, I could feel the weight of everyone's gaze on me. Why are they all staring at me?

The teacher trying to break the silence, asked me to introduce myself since I am the new student. Taking a deep breath, I stood tall and confidently introduced myself, "Hello everyone! Myself Amalia Rossi. I'm 16 years old and a new student, I hope we get along." I finished myself with a small smile on my face because I don't wanna sound rude on my first day.

But soon the air became charged with a mix of fear and curiosity, as I heard few gasps and murmuring of some students. eh the same school gossip and humours about stuff.

Sighing, I found myself an empty seat and settled in, trying to ignore the lingering stares.

Soon the class begins, the monotonous drone of mr. Wilson's voice filled the room, as he went on and on about different literary devices. I tried my best to focus, but my mind couldn't help but drift off into a world of my own creation.

I didn't realize when the class end, I hurriedly gathered my books as the bell rang, signaling the end of my first class. With the timetable in my hand, I tried to navigate through the crowded hallways of Gioia Higher Secondaria school, searching for my next class. It felt like a maze of unfamiliar faces and daunting corridors.

As I turned a corner, my heart skipped a beat as I collided with someone. I was about to fall down when a pair of arms clasped around my waist, Securing me from the fall.

My cheeks burned with embarrassment. I looked up, expecting to see a stranger, but instead, I found myself staring into a pair of eyes that felt oddly familiar. They were a captivating shade of blue, sparkling with curiosity and kindness.

"Whoa, Are you fine?" the boy said, quickly asked Apologizing, "I should've looked where I was going. Are you alright?"

I nodded, feeling a mix of embarrassment and intrigue. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for helping."

He smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "No problem. I'm Andrei, by the way. Are you new here? I haven't seen you around."

"I'm Amalia. Yeah, it's my first day," I replied, my curiosity piqued. "What about you? Are you a junior?"

Andrei chuckled, shaking his head. "Nah, I'm a Senior. But yeah, I've been here for a couple of time now. Are you lost, you looking for you class? If it's okay for you.. I can help?" He asked politely.

"Oh! thank you for the help." I thanked him.

"No worries! So, which class are you looking for?" He asked.

I showed him my timetable, and his eyes scanned the paper. "Ah, I do know the room! Come on, I'll show you the way."

"So when you joined?" He asked, as he led me towards another hallway.

"Today's my first day." I replied with a small smile, to which he nodded with a smile of his own.

As we approached the door to my second class, my mind couldn't shake the feeling that I had seen those captivating blue eyes before. There was an inexplicable connection, an unspoken familiarity. As if those eyes...

"Well here's your class Amalia." His voice bought me out of my inner thoughts.

"Uh well thank you for helping me find my class. I think I should get going now, before I get late for another class." I spoke to him with a grateful smile on my face.

He smiled back before extending his hand towards me.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Amalia, I hope to see you again." He said while blinking those gorgeous bluish eyes, making me lost in them.