6

Subaru looked at the girl and thought, "Wow, she's beautiful, just like the figurines in my room." The girl had an impressive appearance. However, lately, he had developed an interest in more tough and warrior-like Tomboy girls. Her determined and threatening stance intrigued him.

"Stop torturing these poor guys and give back what you've stolen," the girl said, attempting to create a threatening atmosphere, but she wasn't entirely successful.

Subaru looked at the girl, then understood the situation and dropped the stick he was holding. "Look, I only defended myself, and I don't remember stealing anything, at least not from you," he said, raising his hands. He didn't want to escalate the situation further. He tried to soften his stance with his eyes, attempting to reduce the tension within.

Raising her hand, the girl created ice balls in the air, "As if your lies could deceive me—" her sentence was cut off by a white, small cat-like entity that emerged from her necklace. "He's telling the truth, Lia," the cat-like entity said. As soon as the girl realized she was mistaken, her tough appearance vanished, and she turned softer.

Subaru watched their interaction with a smile. Both of them were interesting characters. His eyes caught the flying cat-like entity next to the girl. "What is that thing, a spirit, a summoned creature, or something?" he pondered. He had seen something similar in one of the tasks on his screen.

In a calmer tone, the girl turned to Subaru, "I apologize, I might have misunderstood. I should have gathered more information before attacking you," she said. Subaru seemed impressed by her gentle manners, "It's okay, I don't like misunderstandings either," he said with a smile. The presence of the cat seemed to have momentarily drawn his attention.

Subaru extended his hand gently, "I'm Natsuki Subaru, nice to meet you," he said. The girl hesitated for a moment, "I'm St—" she was silenced by the look from the cat-like entity. Taking a deep breath, she said, "I'm Emilia, just Emilia," she added, pointing to the floating cat-like entity, "This is Puck."

Puck extended its small paw to Subaru, "Pleasure to meet you, Natsuki," it said.

Subaru smiled, "Just Subaru is fine," he said. He wondered why Emilia didn't use her last name. Subaru paused for a moment, then smiled again, "I'm Subaru, in the place I come from, we use the last name first," he explained. After this explanation, the tension in the atmosphere decreased, and a warmer communication emerged between the newly acquainted. Finally, there was a moment where everyone seemed relaxed, creating a suitable atmosphere for a fresh start.

Subaru asked, "You mentioned something about a thief, was it a blonde girl stealing something?" Emilia slightly nodded with a hopeful expression.

Pointing to the rooftops, Subaru said, "She ran in that direction a while ago." Emilia's expression saddened.

"What did they steal here?" Subaru asked, and Emilia pondered for a moment. "Um... I can't say, but it was something very important," she said, avoiding giving away too much about herself.

Excitement grew inside Subaru, as if an actor's performance suddenly changed. "This might be the main quest," he thought. At least it was worth a try. "I'll help you," he said, determined to understand the task and assist Emilia.

Emilia considered Subaru's offer for a moment, then accepted, expressing her gratitude, "If you can really help, I would be very grateful," she said.

Emilia offered to walk around to find clues, but Subaru gently declined, "It's unnecessary, I can already smell the girl's scent," he said. Emilia looked at him slightly puzzled. Subaru scratched the back of his head, "I can smell the scent of the wind, so tracking her scent is easy for me," he explained.

Emilia was surprised by Subaru's words. Now, hearing that he would follow the scent of the wind, she was even more astonished. Subaru's ability impressed her, and she was eager for a moment to witness this mysterious power.

Subaru followed the flow of the wind for a while, scanning his surroundings to detect the girl's scent. There was a gentle breeze around, guiding him in the right direction. Emilia watched with curiosity as Subaru was guided.

Subaru swiftly moved through the rooftops due to the influence of the wind. On the wooden surface, he felt like a dancer of the wind. His eyes sparkled, filled with excitement and a sense of freedom. "Hahaha, isn't this amazing?" he shouted in excitement.

However, Emilia grew increasingly worried as the speed escalated. The accelerated wind pushed her closer to Subaru, making her cling to him tightly. "Slow down!" she yelled, her voice filled with increasing concern.

While Subaru seemed to hear Emilia's voice, the excitement and adrenaline seemed to have taken control. Her fear was worrying him more because their speed was heading towards a dangerous level. Yet, Subaru continued to increase his speed, simply to savor this thrilling moment.

Subaru began a dive straight down from the rooftop, exclaiming, "And now, my Physics teacher said it's impossible, here comes another move!" Emilia, wide-eyed, let out a sudden scream, her cry echoing across all the rooftops as her heart raced.

But just as they were about to hit the ground, Subaru suddenly changed direction, moving upwards again. Emilia's breath was caught, her heart still racing. Subaru's abrupt maneuver sent shivers down her spine. Her eyes held a mix of fear, astonishment, and concern.

Puck, gripping onto Subaru's shoulder, exclaimed enthusiastically, "This is so much fun!" Emilia, with a fearful scream, shouted, "No, stop!" her eyes wide with fear.

Subaru was thoroughly enjoying the rush of wind, feeling the adrenaline coursing through him. His eyes held excitement, and a carefree grin adorned his face. "And now, my Physics teacher said it's impossible, here comes another move," he said, almost earnestly.

Emilia's heart pounded in her chest, fear and concern enveloping her. Subaru's reckless speed and maneuvers had unnerved and frightened her. Their whirlwind journey had left her with a jumble of mixed emotions.

After asking a few people for directions, they finally arrived at a place known as the "Loot House." Subaru stood in front of the building, gazing. "This must be it," he said.

Emilia was still trembling, her hair disheveled from the speed. Her pale complexion made her look almost ghostly. This swift journey had brought them to their destination without giving them a moment to contemplate where they were coming from.