7

Subaru examined the building while Emilia stayed alert. "Hmm, a nice place. A bit old, but with some plaster and paint, it could be a fantastic spot," he thought. Despite its worn-out appearance, the building's spacious structure intrigued him. He could see its potential; with some rearranging and renovation, this place could have an amazing look.

Turning to Emilia, Subaru said, "Let me handle the talking." Emilia nodded understandingly. Subaru confidently approached the door and knocked. "Hello, anyone there?" he called out.

However, there was no response from inside the building. Subaru waited for a while, tapping on the door again in hopes of a reply. The silence persisted. The quietness of the Loot House raised concerns within them.

Subaru turned to Emilia, saying, "Maybe they didn't hear us inside," with a hopeless expression. "Looks like we'll have to go in and check." Emilia's eyes still held a sense of unease, but she nodded in agreement. Subaru, preparing to enter by pushing the door, said,

Inside, a male voice repeated, "Password."

Subaru, now bewildered, asked, "What?" The voice insisted, "Password," with a hint of impatience.

Growing frustrated, Subaru exclaimed, "What?" The voice sternly repeated, "Password," this time with a touch of anger.

Subaru, losing his patience, shouted, "What is the password?"

Suddenly, the door angrily swung open, revealing a towering, elderly man. With a dark complexion and a robust build, he stood with an irritated expression. "Are you deaf?" he shouted.

Subaru, taken aback by the man's reaction, recoiled. The sudden development created a tension between them.

Subaru, addressing the old man, said, "Hey, old man, calm down. We're not here for your retirement pension. We're just looking for someone." The old man listened attentively.

The old man inquired, "What kind of person?"

Subaru hesitated for a moment, then placed his hand on his chin, saying, "A girl with blonde hair, red eyes, wearing old clothes." After a brief pause, he added, "Body measurements B57-W59-H73 cm."

The old man, with a puzzled expression, asked, "Are you looking for Felt?"

Subaru confirmed, "Yes, we need something from her. Where is she?" The old man sighed and gestured for them to follow him inside.

Once inside, Subaru and Emilia were surprised to find a bar-like atmosphere. The old man, Rom, motioned them to sit, saying, "What do you want?"

Subaru, gesturing towards Emilia, replied, "My fiancée and I are about to get married, so we're looking for something to celebrate. I heard Felt has something that might interest us." Emilia looked at Subaru with surprise, unaware of this fabricated story.

Rom, after thinking for a moment, asked, "Something special for the engagement celebration?"

Subaru replied, "Exactly." Rom, with a smile, went to the back and returned with a box. "Here it is. Dragon Rose wine, a specially crafted wine. A perfect choice for a wedding celebration," he said with a smile.

Subaru's smile vanished as he realized this was not what he was looking for. "Thanks, old man, but we're looking for something different," he said. Subaru was eager to gauge Rom's reaction to get more information about what Felt had.

Rom carefully observed Subaru's words, a hint of suspicion in his eyes. Before responding, he said, "Wait a minute." He went to the back, searching for something. When he returned, he held a small bag in his hand.

"Here," Rom said, "This is it. A gemstone. But we need to make a deal. You get this, and then we talk about what you want. I want our deal to be fair." Subaru's sincere tone and approach reflected his seriousness behind the words.

Felt's eyes lit up as she saw the gems. "Wow, these are amazing," she murmured, grabbing one and inspecting it. After a moment of examination, she added, "Alright, deal."

Subaru's smile disappeared instantly; in a split second, he drew his sword. He sensed a sudden danger and reacted swiftly. A dark figure had attacked him from behind, and Subaru moved to defend himself.

The assailant's words as Subaru turned, "Seems like I was right," sounded like a premonition. Subaru quickly became aware of the threat as the figure revealed herself. Elsa, with black hair and a knife in each hand, stood menacingly. Her eyes emitted a demonic and dangerous aura. "I need to kill you first," she said, a sinister smile playing on her lips.

Felt, in surprise, started to say, "Elsa, what the--" but couldn't finish her sentence.

Elsa, with a cunning smile, silenced her, saying, "Shush, little mouse." Her eyes focused on Subaru, radiating determination and danger with every move.

Subaru looked around at everyone, shrugged his shoulders, and calmly warned, "No one interfere." Drawing his sword with a swift motion, he declared, "Natsuki Subaru, the Wind Wanderer," introducing himself with unwavering determination.

Elsa grinned, raising her knives in a defensive stance. "Elsa Granhiert, the Gut Hunter," she declared, her voice filled with cold composure.

In an instant, the two clashed. Elsa, with rapid and precise movements, aimed to slash Subaru's abdomen. However, Subaru skillfully parried and swiftly retreated. Immediately afterward, he executed a quick turn, aiming an attack towards Elsa's left shoulder. Elsa, with her expertly handled knives, skillfully blocked the assault.

Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Don't forget to comment