Chapter 2 The heart knows what it wants

It is Rishab's wedding, Nil's, Heyansh's and my common friend

It is Rishab's wedding, Nil's, Heyansh's and my common friend. I really had no interest in joining the wedding but taking it as an opportunity to mend our collapsed friendship, I had to agree. After years we three finally met and I felt a sudden rush of emotions. These two boys didn't leave me even after years when my own cousin left me. Talking about my cousin, it is Prisha.

Prisha and I are cousins and we were like siblings from another mother. People even said that we looked similar but now everything is gone. I guess I won't even recognise her now.

Nil, Heyansh and Paridhi are cousins too. They had an unbreakable bond too, one could even kill for the other one. Prisha and I met them through our family and soon we got close to each other. We became like a family, and then one day Radhika entered our group too and everything was going right, but one single incident turned everything upside down. Never did I ever want to see my own cousin again, nor did I want to keep in touch with the other girls.

I didn't want to see the face of my own cousin whom I once would have killed for. Neither Paridhi nor Radhika was on my side. They saw her tears but not the truth that I said.

I was hoping atleast Paridhi would believe me or take my side but no she didn't. Was my love so weak? I cried every single night after that day but soon I learnt to mask my emotions and guess what now I have mastered it.

After ten years, when I thought meeting my bestfriends would make me feel lighter, I saw the three girls again. There she was standing in the doorstep between my cousin and bestfriend. Wearing a shimmering golden lehenga or whatever it is called was my girl standing. Not my girl anymore. Masking my emotions, I looked at her and I was awestruck by how divine she was looking. I couldn't take my eyes off her, she looked even prettier than before. Her hair strands were falling in her face and I had a sudden urge to tuck it behind her ear.

I was brought back to reality when Radhika said, "We won't let you guys enter until Rishab jiju gives us one lakh."

I could see Nil shift in his place while he tried to avoid looking at her. I guess I know the look, he is still in love with my childhood bestfriend. I could see how his eyes reflected love which had been void these many years.

"Nil, you at least say something to my beautiful Sali's. One lakh is an underestimate to how pretty they are." Said Rishab teasingly.

I suddenly had the urge to punch him but again he was the groom so I ignored.

"Uhh Just give them the money and stop being a drama queen." Scoffed Nil while I could sense Heyansh glaring at Rishabh.

Looking at Heyansh, my eyes followed his eyes and I could see him oggling my cousin as if he had seen a ghost. Their was my sister standing in a red saree with an unreadable look. Seeing the one little baby who you used to babysit as a grown up really hurts alot. I didn't want to see her again but again she was my sister and I suddenly had the urge to hug her tightly as I have been wanting for these many years.