Chapter 2

Noah knew he could never escape Ethan. But at least, he hoped, Ethan's madness would lessen later when he got home.

The distance between the cafe and the Vargaz mansion was only two kilometers, and he often walked back and forth. The difference this time was that he had to walk smartly behind the trees on the side of the road to avoid people.

Noah made it through the deserted parking lot without any trouble. He soon ran to the park where a shady tree was planted. But, as he crossed the street, he heard footsteps approaching quickly.

Reflexively, he turned his head. His eyes widened to find Juan, the aide, there.

Juan, a thirty-year-old man, kept running closer.

Noah panicked, he ran faster.

"Noah, you will be in so much trouble if you keep running away!" shouted Juan.

"No! Please let me go! I will go home by myself, Juan. Please let me go!" cried Noah, keeping running faster.

But, Juan caught up with him easily and pulled his arm, pinning him to the ground.

"Argh!" screamed Noah in pain. His hand was almost broken by being twisted backward. His chest landed on the rough garden rocks.

"You should know Master Ethan better than me," said Juan, in a slightly apologetic voice.

Noah winced in pain. "Juan, please release me! Ethan will kill me! Please!"

"He will do it soon or later. You will be treated worse if you do not obey him. Now, you know what will happen to you."

Noah struggled. But Juan's strength was no match for Noah's. Juan managed to tie Noah's hands behind his back with a rope. Then quickly, he put the young man's body on his shoulders.

Noah stared in horror at the car where Ethan was waiting. He tried with all his might to break free, but it was no use.

"NO! JUAN! PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME THERE!! JUAN!!" Noah continued to plead as if his life was in the hands of the aide.

Juan walked quickly, opened the car, and placed Noah's body carefully next to Ethan. Then he closed the door again. He quickly opened the rear car door and went inside.

Noah was shaking violently, seeing that Ethan no longer wore a sly smile. The man's face was so calm. But that scared Noah to death. He scrambled to the end of the chair and crouched there.

However, the action did not go smoothly this time. From behind, Juan corrected his position and pulled the seatbelt over his body.

"You sweat a lot," said Ethan. He then drove the car at high speed.

Noah was no longer afraid of an accident because for him it was better than returning home right now with Ethan ready to do anything to him. His face was pale at the thought.

When they reached the mansion, Ethan stopped the car in front. He asked Juan to take the car to the basement.

Ethan walked to the other side of the car, opened the door, and unbuckled Noah's seat belt.

Noah felt his chest-beating very fast. Ethan's face was so close to his right now that he couldn't breathe.

Ethan looked at the terrified Noah. Then he wiped away the tears at the corners of the young man's eyes.

"You can get out now," said Ethan calmly.

Noah gulped hard, knowing there was nothing he could do but obey. He got out of the car with Ethan's help. His bound hands made it difficult.

The bodyguards on duty bowed respectfully as they walked in. No one paid any attention to Noah's flushed face, or his naked body, not even his bound hands.

Ethan ordered a servant to bring water into his room.

The young servant nodded, and he briefly looked concernedly at Noah.

"Don't you dare to look at him," Ethan said fiercely.

The servant immediately bowed in fear. "I'm sorry, Young Master. I will not do it again!" She immediately ran to the kitchen.

Ethan ordered his two bodyguards to take Noah to his room. "Tie him well! Like usual. I will be there in ten minutes!"

Noah groaned as his body was lifted onto the shoulders of one of the bodyguards. His feelings were mixed at the moment. He could only close his eyes and surrender. Hoping that this night would end quickly.