Chapter 8

Ethan felt the skin of Noah's neck on his lips. Slowly he licked it gently, sending shivers through the young man's body beneath him.

Noah felt his heart pounding. He was too afraid to make a sound or move.

"It's so sad that nobody cares about you, even though you're sick to death. Sometimes all you want is a warm hand and the words 'stay strong, I'm here. You'll be fine.' But when you realize, that's never going to happen, you'll get sicker and sicker." Ethan whispered in an eerily low voice. There was a tremor of anger and disappointment there.

Noah held his breath. He knew Ethan wasn't saying that to him, but himself. It wasn't just once or twice that Ethan had acted this way. For all he knew, Ethan was always like this whenever he met his father or his brother. For next, he didn't dare to imagine at all. His body stiffened because usually, Ethan would vent his frustration on him.

But Noah was too weak at the moment. His head was really heavy. He needed rest. His whole body was limp and like being in the middle of hot coals.

"Who are you, Noah?" asked Ethan suddenly.

Noah took a deep breath. "I-I'm your servant, Ethan."

"What's your job?"

Noah was silent for a while. "Engh... t-to clean the house."

Noah winced when Ethan suddenly pinched his still-sore butt. He frantically searched for the right answer.

"Do I ever ask you to clean the house?" asked Ethan in a cold voice that made Noah's hot body cool down instantly.

"N-No..." Shit, Noah cursed himself.

Even though he was bought to be a servant, Ethan didn't let him do the work that servants were supposed to do. For that reason, he was also confused when asked what his job was. Instead, he was used as a punching bag by Ethan whenever the man was angry and needed an outlet.

So, what was his job?

Noah groaned in pain again when Ethan again pinched his waist. He frantically answered whatever came into his head.

"To be your slave!" Noah replied quickly.

"Slave?" Ethan laughed.

"S-sorry, I don't know what job I should do."

"Why do you think I wanted you to be a slave?"

Noah paused, then answered quietly. "Because you like to punish me, and... and you like to torture me."

"You think being a slave is that easy?"

Noah felt his chest pounding. Cold sweat began to break out.

His guess was right when he felt his hair being pulled back. He winced in pain gripping the bed sheets.

"S-sorry, Ethan. P-please forgive me-"

"Sorry? I'm not sure you even know what you did wrong. What are you saying you're sorry for?"

Noah felt his neck ache. "E-Ethan..."

"I bought you at a very high price. Do you know your father is very greedy and useless? Do you think you're worth that much?"

Noah felt his chest burning. But he focused on trying to untangle the tension in his neck.

"One thing that makes me want you is your obedience. You were sold as a servant but you've never even touched a plate in this house. I only wanted you to obey and submit to me. And you still can't do it." Ethan's voice was low, making the hair stand up.

Ethan remembered how the skinny little boy had caught his attention. The quiet, frightened-looking Noah was so cute in his eyes. At a time when no one considered him, not even his father, he felt Noah had something in common with him. He claimed Noah as his own, because he had bought him, and he hated it when the boy showed defiance and tried to get away from him. That was not what he wanted. He wanted the cute, obedient Noah of seven years ago.

As for Noah, Ethan was his guardian angel. But as time went on, he showed an attitude that confused him. Every time he made the slightest mistake, he would punish him severely. The longer it went on, the more miserable and depressed he felt. The more depressed he became, the more Ethan punished him.

Noah gulped hard. He knew he had made a mistake this time.

"H-how much did you pay for me?" asked Noah.

Ethan released a hold on Noah's hair. "You want to know?"

Noah rubbed his neck silently. "Y-yes..."

"What are you going to do after you find out?"

"I-I will pay you back after I get a job. Maybe not-"

"You think you can pay me back?" asked Ethan, his voice slightly raised.

Noah was silent. He was almost scared to death at this point.

"You think I want you to pay me back?!" continued Ethan.

Noah began to tremble. "I-I don't know what's making you angry with me. I can do the cleaning if you want. But you never let me do that."

"You've lived with me for seven years, and you still don't understand what I want?" Ethan asked.

Noah stammered, panicking. "You want me to obey? I-I will obey. But-"

Noah cried out loudly when his ass was pinched very hard right in the wound. He winced in pain. His hands clenched into tight fists.

"You know how I hate 'but' and 'no'?"

"I-I'm sorry...." Noah cried.

"Obey and just do it. And you just broke the rule in two days!"

Noah immediately understood the point of the matter. Ethan still couldn't accept him coming home last night and going to school this morning. But he also had no other choice. It wasn't a big deal, wasn't it? But of course, he didn't dare speak up at the moment, knowing the consequences.

Ethan saw the trembling of Noah's hand. He looked at the young man who currently looked frightened. But he didn't want to let this matter continue. To him, what Noah was doing was a threat. The young man wanted to leave him. And he wasn't going to let it happen.

"Sit down!" ordered Ethan, in a stern voice.

Noah was surprised, as if he'd anticipated something worse. He sat up with difficulty, feeling his butt still sore. He bent his knees, preventing his calves from touching the sheets.

Noah looked down in silence.

"Open your mouth!"