Chapter 6

"What happened?" asked Jack suddenly. The whole trip they were silent in the car.

Noah looked at Jack with a lackluster gaze. "What do you mean?"

"Your face." Jack stared at the road with a disinterested face, but apparently, he had been watching Noah all along.

Noah quickly wiped his cheeks. "It's obvious?" He panicked because if Jack could see it, surely Ethan would too.

"Of course, unless you were blind. What happened?" asked Jack, now turning to Noah.

Noah felt scared and uncomfortable. "I fell off the wheelchair in the bathroom. I tried to stand up, but I slipped."

Jack paused, apparently not believing what Noah was saying, but he didn't ask any more questions.

"Juan got into trouble today. Boss punished him to run around the mansion three times," Jack told him because he knew why Juan was punished.

Noah was surprised. "What? Ethan punished him?!"

Jack nodded. "I think Boss doesn't have a good mood until now."

Noah gulped. Oh!!! God! What should he do?

Jack glanced at Noah, seeing the young man's face pale. "I told you so you're ready if Boss punishes you."

Noah was silent. He felt his heart racing very fast. Suddenly he felt his body temperature rise dramatically. It was already hot before, but now it was even hotter. His head hurt even more. His stomach was tight, he wanted to vomit.

Noah felt even more guilty about Juan. Because of him, the man received punishment. Now, he had to prepare for his punishment. He was sure Ethan would punish him more severely this time.

Noah winced, his ass still hurt, and his thighs ached too. His legs were even worse. What punishment would he get later?

***

Meanwhile, Ethan had a visitor. Emanuel Vargaz, his father came to visit, more precisely to inspect the mansion given to his youngest son.

But it seemed that the man was already about to leave at this time. He had already stood up from his chair. But before taking a step, he gave Ethan a sharp look.

"Don't play around with that kid. You know what happens if you fail this time. I will no longer support you, no matter what." Emanuel's words were sharp and firm.

Ethan took a deep breath. He looked disgusted but tried to obey.

"I can handle it as an adult. I will do anything as I please. Don't worry about Noah. He will never be my obstacle. What I need from you is one, just please trust me," Ethan replied.

Emanuel stared expressionlessly. "Prove me that you deserve my trust. If you fail, I will give it back to Caleb."

Ethan sighed. He stood up and gave his father a sharp look. "Let us see. I can never compete with your only lovely son."

Before Emanuel could reply, Ethan had already stepped out of his study.

Emanuel called out to Gary who was about to catch up with his master.

Gary hurriedly approached. "Yes, Mr. Vargaz."

"How bad is the influence of that kid on Ethan?" asked Emanuel. He walked out of the room.

Gary walked behind Emanuel and replied, "I'm not sure what I should tell you, sir. But Noah got punished a lot by Boss Ethan."

Emanuel looked unhappy. "I told you to kick him out."