one. your dad is always mad

mentions of abuse, violence, drinking, language, and etc.

"Aurora, you little bitch, get over here!" Aurora's father screamed from the living room.

Hearing her father's roaring voice, Aurora shuddered with fear, pulling her legs closer to her chest and rocking back and forth. After hearing her father scream again, she bolted off the bed and down the stairs, scared of what would happen if she didn't listen to him.

"Yes father?" she asked, looking at her feet.

"Where is my beer? I asked you to go buy more this morning,"

"I tried but they wouldn't let me because I was underaged,"

"You pathetic liar! I went and checked and you never went!"

"I'm sorry I just think you shouldn't drink so much,"

"And who are you to tell me that? I pay the fucking bills so you listen to me!" he yelled, standing up towering over his daughter.

"Dad, you're scaring me,"

"Good! You need to be taught a lesson!"

"No, I'm sorry, please!"

Without saying another word, he punched her in the stomach causing her to stumble back and hit a wall. Due to the impact, a vase dropped from the shelf, breaking open right on Aurora's head. She fell straight to the floor and as her father came closer to her as she tried to crawl away as fast as she could.

"You ruined my life!" he screamed, smashing a glass from the counter onto Aurora.

She whimpered as the glass sliced her skin open, she knew better than to scream. Tears left her eyes as she silently sobbed.

After her dad left the room, Aurora slowly picked herself up off the floor and picked up the broom. She cleaned up the living room quietly, trying not to anger her father even more. She made her way back to her room and laid down on her bed.

"Happy birthday, Aurora," she whispered to herself, as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She fished out the small iPod and earbuds she got from her previous birthday and played the song Safe and Sound. It had always been her favorite song, it made her feel safe.

"I wish I could believe you, Taylor," Aurora whispered.

The singer's voice had a comforting and safe tone that made Aurora warm inside. Taylor had taken care of her more than her father ever had. After her mother died at her birth, her father blamed it all on her.

After hearing heavy footsteps up the stairs and lots of banging on the wall through her music, Aurora couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't hold on another three years to wait for it to be over. Without much thought, as the footsteps grew closer, Aurora grabbed her shoved her iPod into her pocket, grabbed the one picture of her mom, and jumped out the two story building.

"Fuck," she muttered, hitting the grass and encountering many painful stings.

"Aurora James! Get back here!" her father yelled from the window.

The girl ran as fast as her legs would take her with out looking back. Ignoring all her fathers threats, Aurora sprinted through many roads as far as she could go. Her legs gave out as she fell on the road, not able to move anymore.

She wasn't even scared which scared her. She felt so empty and broken she couldn't care anymore. When she heard a vehicle speeding through the road, Aurora closed her eyes, accepting her future.

"I'm sorry, Taylor,"