nine. safe and sound

mentions of abuse, violence, drinking, language, and etc.

"Tay, she's asleep," Andrea whispered, as Taylor walked into the room.

"The pasta sauce was filled with bugs, I couldn't cook. I searched the whole place, but there's no food," Taylor sighs, sitting down next to her mom.

"I think we should take her home, I think I saw a mouse running around here. Plus, the police said we could keep her with us until the trial date," Andrea said. Taylor nodded her head in agreement.

Taylor carried with girl to the car and carefully pulled her up, making sure to not wake her. Taylor let the girl rest her head on her should her while Andrea drove them back. Once they were inside, Taylor tucked Aurora into the bed in her room then joined her mom in cooking. Taylor felt sick to her stomach so she just sat there while her parents and brother ate.

Aurora woke up in an unfamiliar setting, about to call out for help. After a minute of confusion, she realized that she was laying down in Taylor's room. She quietly made her way down, keeping around the corner to see everyone at the table. Just as she was about to turn back, Taylor spotted her, waving to her.

Aurora was still scared of Taylor and what would happen, but she forgot all of that as soon as she saw Taylor. No matter what she caused, she'd been the girl's reason to live for years and Aurora looked up to her. She didn't realize that she had walked over to taylor until she was standing in front of the woman.

Taylor held her arms out and Aurora leaned into Taylor's embrace. Taylor pulled the small girl into a long hug, not letting go first. Aurora stood there, melting into Taylor's arms.

"What's gonna happen next?" Aurora whispers to Taylor.

"I don't know, but I won't make the same mistake like last time," Taylor replies.

"Would you like some pasta?" Taylor offers.

"No thank you,"

"Honey, you need to eat,"

"I just feel nauseous from what happened today,"

"You need to eat dinner though, okay?" Taylor sighs.

Aurora just nods and sits down on the chair next to Taylor. Taylor exits the room, as her phone rings, leaving aurora with the unfamiliar family members. Before anyone got the courage to speak, and before things got more awkward, Taylor walked back in.

"Travis called, he asked if I could come over," she announced, as she sat back down.

"What did you say?" Scott asks her daughter.

"Nothing yet, I don't know what to say," Taylor replied.

"Why?" Austin questions.

"Oh, right," he says again, after realization.

"You can go, Taylor, I'll be fine," Aurora says.

"Hon, I'm not leaving you alone," Taylor says.

"I just don't wanna stop you from having fun," Aurora mutter, looking down.

"You could never. How about we both go?" Taylor suggests. Aurora just gulps and stays silent.

"Just think about it. It's all up to you," Taylor says, rubbing the girl's back.