ten. please don't go

mentions of abuse, violence, drinking, language, and etc.

Aurora hid behind Taylor, peeking from behind at the door. Taylor held the girl's hand, gently squeezing it for reassurance. Aurora involuntarily moved back as a tall man appeared. He reminded her of her dad, really tall, had a small beard, and had huge muscles. Taylor moved forward, giving him a hug, leaving Aurora standing there.

"Aurora, this is Travis, and Travis, this is Aurora," Taylor introduces, holding her hand out for Aurora.

Ignoring the man's greeting, Aurora walks over to Taylor and they both walk in together. Aurora decided to try to ignore the man as her father came into mind every time she looked at him.

"Hi Aurora," Travis said, again.

"Hon, Travis said hi," Taylor said, looking at the girl.

After Aurora mumbled a hi, not even looking at the man, Taylor looked at him with an apologetic look and he gave her a small smile.

"Why don't you both go sit down, I'll get dinner onto the table," Travis suggests.

Aurora follows Taylor over to the couch and sits down on the other end of the couch, looking at her feet. Taylor moves closer to her, wanting to talk to her.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you uncomfortable?" Taylor whispers.

Aurora got up and walked to the table which Travis had just finished setting up. Taylor audibly sighed before joining them both at the table.

Dinner was really uncomfortable with silence after Travis never got a response from Aurora for anything he said.

"Can you stop talking to me!" Aurora said, shoving her chair back and walking away.

"Aurora!" Taylor exclaimed, swiftly walking over to her.

"Aurora!" her dad roared.

He slammed her into the wall while grabbing an empty beer bottle.

"Dad no!" she pleaded, crawling back, not able to stand up.

She moved back as her dad stumbled towards her, kicking her in the stomach. Aurora silently sobbed as her dad kicked her over and over again.

He picked her up and slammed her against the wall again. She closed her eyes in fear as she knew what would happen. The shards of the bottle dug into her skin. She could hear her dad screaming as she started losing consciousness.

"Aurora! Fuck!" Taylor yelled, trying to wake the girl up.

She watched as the girl shook while screaming. Taylor yelled through tears while both her and Travis tried to shake her awake. They both watched as she stopped shaking, stopped yelling... stopped moving.

"Fuck!" Travis says.

"911, what's your emergency?"