twelve. nothing lasts forever

Aurora trembled under the covers of her bed as the sound of thunder got progressively louder. She tried to call out for Taylor, but despite all her efforts, no sound came out except for small whimpers occasionally. 

As Taylor sat in her head, rocking back and forth, her heart suddenly dropped. Nothing seemed wrong but she could sense that Aurora was in pain. She quickly ran into Aurora's room to see the girl shaking under the covers.

"Ro, I'm here," Taylor whispered, gently lifting up the covers.

Aurora wanted to scream for help, her chest tightened and she couldn't breathe. Tears streamed down her face as she silently tried to deal with it.

"Breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out" Taylor said, keeping her voice gentle.

After repeated consoling from Taylor and sparse incoherent thoughts from Aurora, both girls were wrapped up in a blanket, almost asleep, listening to music playing in the background. After Aurora fell asleep, Taylor let herself close her eyes and let out the breath she had been holding.

The next morning, Taylor quietly got out of bed, letting Aurora sleep in for a little while longer. As soon as she stepped out of the room, she was greeted by her three cats. 

"Hey there, buddies," she said, picking up Benjamin.

She walked to the kitchen with Benji in her hands as Meredith went in her own path and Dibbles laid down by the living room in an un-cat like position. As soon as Taylor filled each cat's bowl with their food, all three of them found their way there. 

Taylor made herself an espresso and called her mom. She asked her mother to come over for a bit as she was overwhelmed by this whole situation. Aurora was comfortable with Andrea as she spent three days with them as soon as they left the hospital. 

Just as Taylor took a sigh of relief, she heard glass breaking from upstairs. She heard a loud scream and everything went silent. Taylor quickly grabbed a knife and went upstairs to Aurora's room. The window was broken and Aurora was missing. Taylor hurriedly dialed 911 as she started going into a panic attack. 

The police arrived at her house in a couple minutes, asking her questions about the girl. Barely being able to talk, Taylor stood there in shock, still processing what happened. Andrea led Taylor to the couch and clarified any questions the police had. 

"Taylor, they're gonna find her, just like last time. Your bodyguard's are looking for her and so are the police. She's a strong girl, she'll be okay," Andrea consoles her oldest child.

"Mom, she can't even talk. I should've stayed with her. I shouldn't have gone down," Taylor cries.

Aurora wakes up, her hands tied behind her and her waist tied to a chair. She tries to scream, but she couldn't say anything and there was a cloth around her mouth, muffling any whimpers.

"You really thought you could escape, huh?"

A tall figure steps out from the shadows, revealing her dad. Aurora's heart stops for a second as her stomach drops. After all the effort and pain she went through to get away, she was back in his grasp.

"I don't really need you anymore, so I'll leave you to my good friend," he says, smirking.

mentions of rape

A tall man, not as tall as her father, but still very tall, walks in the room, with the same sickening smirk as her father. Without saying a word, he takes off his clothes, leaving Aurora crying and trying to wiggle out the ropes. He walks closer to her with a devilish smirk, grabbing her waist. She tries to scream as nothing comes out of her mouth.

As the man leaves, Aurora sits there, not able to do anything else. New tears coat her face as she slowly closes her eyes. She tries to remember the good times, just yesterday how her and Taylor cuddled up in her bed watching T.V and listening to music. 

'Would Taylor even try to find me? Am I really worth it. I think she realized she's better off without me. She's not coming back, it was too good to be true,' Aurora thinks to herself, as she breaks down in tears.