six. hide in the closet

mentions of rape, abuse, violence, drinking, language, and etc.

The couple led Aurora to their car with a huge smile, helping her get in. Aurora looked back at Taylor as they drove away.

"Sit down, I can't see the back!" James groans.

"S- sorry," Aurora says, noticing the tone change.

"There's pasta and sauce on the shelf so make us some when we reach. Me and James will have a drink," Annie states.

"Oh, cook for you both?" Aurora asks, remembering her dad.

"Yes! Be grateful that we adopted you, now stop being such a fucking brat!" Annie replies.

Aurora's eyes puddle with tears as she stared out the window. She thought Taylor actually cared about her and put her with people who would care. She was mad at herself for believing  that someone as famous as Taylor Swift would actually try to help her. If she wanted to, she'd give Aurora her number and at least try to make it work, but she didn't. 

"I guess they were right.. never meet your heroes," Aurora muttered to herself, luckily not heard by the other two in the car. 

As soon as she stepped out the car, she was shoved into the kitchen, ordered to make pasta. While being yelled at to work faster, Aurora hurriedly grated the cheese, cutting her fingers against the sharp blade. Knowing better than to scream in pain, she handed them both a plate of pasta and when to clean up her fingers.

All the trouble she went through to escape wasn't worth it, she was just brought back into the same position. What hurt the most was that it was her idol, her role model, her savior, the Taylor Swift, was the one who had put her in that same position.

A couple months have passed and everyday had gotten worse. Aurora hated herself for running away from her father because now she has to deal with twice the pain. She hated Taylor for breaking her trust and her promise. After James and Annie told Taylor that all three of them were doing well and she was all settled in, Taylor stopped calling.

Aurora was huddled up in a corner trying to catch her breath, it had become a routine for her. Every night Annie would come in and take all her anger out, then James would come in and force himself onto her and hit her until she fell to the ground. 

"Here," James groaned, throwing bread at Aurora.

Today was Monday morning so she'd get seven slices of bread and two water bottles for the week. She had gotten to the point where she didn't feel hunger or pain anymore, just numbness.

"Aurora," Annie screamed, grabbing Aurora's attention.

"Yes?"

"We're throwing a party, we need you to get beer. We already talked with the owner and he'll hand you the beer disguised in a coco-cola box. Go! Now!" Annie says, pulling Aurora up.

Aurora walked out of the house, knowing better than to complain about her feet. She walked for fifteen minutes to the familiar shop she'd been to over fourteen times that week. 

"Hey Greg," Aurora greets.

"Hey kiddo," he says, handing her the box.

"Next!" Greg calls out, a blonde woman walking up.

Just as Aurora was about to walk away, just turned around to see the familiar person. She could see Taylor open her mouth but she immediately ran, going as fast as her legs would take her. 

Annie and James had invited Taylor over for a party to celebrate 3 months of living with Aurora and se she had to come. She rented a hotel there and made a quick stop to the nearest shop to grab some gum and Diet Coke. As she looked at the person in front of her turn back, she saw the one face she was longing to see, but not how she expected. The small girl was covered in purple bruises and was completely underweight. Before she could say anything, the tiny girl ran away.