v. confession

ׂ JANG HAEIN! ៵🐇
⌗ present time, social + real life

"yah haeinnie, wake up! explain!" hyerin shakes haein until she opened her eyes. "what?" hyerin sighs and shoves her phone to the sleepy girl's face.

"you're trending on twitter!" haein smiles. "isn't that a good thing? why are you making a fuss this early.." jia then scoffs. "hey, wake up first! you're trending along with ni-ki! and what the hell is nikihae?"

"huh?" the mention of him instantly made her eyes shot open, while sitting down, she quickly unplugged her charging phone and opened twitter.

> 23 NOTIFICATIONS FROM X!
open in app

☏> 23 NOTIFICATIONS FROM X!open in app

she rolls her eyes. "i mean.. atleast some are against it?" jia and hyerin sighs, "it's not about that. but tomorrow we'll gonna be performing at music bank and you know who's gonna be there too.

enhypen will also be there, and you know they have a lot of crazy fans and sasaengs. who knows what will happen just because of this silly little ship?"

"you're right unnie, what should i do now?" jia thinks for a moment. "let's just keep quiet until manager-nim tells us what to do next. in the mean time, go get ready! we still have to train for mama."

sunghoon was suspiciously scrolling through twitter, looking at his maknae's hashtag. he was familiar with haein's face, but he couldn't recall where he had seen it. it wasn't on tv or online, he swore he had seen her somewhere face to face before.

he furrowed his eyebrows, before calling jake. "what?" he came up to him. "look at this girl, are you familiar with her face?" he brought sunghoon's phone closer to his face before realizing something.

"wait, i think i know her from somewhere!" jake pauses, thinking hard. "i think it was from our trainee days.. but.. how?"

suddenly, sunghoon was reminded back to a conversation he had with ni-ki a week ago.

"so now you're lying to us? yah, who's the girl you used to bring to the company, huh?" ni-ki tries to play it cool and shrugs.

"what girl? you know it's against the rules to bring someone outside the company, duh." he rolls his eyes. "you seriously have the nerve, stop lying! i saw you sneaked her in for lunch once."

"jake! let's go to ni-ki! i think he knows." he signals to the aussie, and he understood immediately.

"hey, mj!" both of his hyungs entered his dorm room. "what?" ni-ki looks up from his phone on his bed. they both cornered him first, before jake holds him down and sunghoon starts to tickle him.

after what felt like an eternity of ni-ki's muffled laugh and plead to stop, sunghoon finally shows him the phone. "be honest, who is she? you know her, right?" ni-ki shook his head quickly.

"n-no! i don't know who she is!" sunghoon rolls his eyes and starts to tickle him again. "wh-wait! please! fine! just stop tickling my fee—"

sunghoon once again clicked a picture of haein and shows it to ni-ki. "this girl, who is she? or else i'm gonna have to tickle you again for another 10 minutes."

"hyung.." he gulps, still not really wanna tell the truth. "umm.." he awkwardly looks around. it was then until sunghoon puts his phone down again, getting ready to tickle him. "fine! she was my childhood friend!"

jake then looks at sunghoon. "just that?" ni-ki nods. "really? just friends? but i thought you sneaked her in for lunch once back then." ni-ki was now caught red handed, speechless. "oh! so that's where i know her from!" jake finally realized.

"you liked her, didn't you?" sunghoon points at ni-ki, holding his laugh. ni-ki's face immediately went red. taking it as a yes, sunghoon and jake finally laughed at him. "i didn't know that! yah, so why did you cut contacts with her then?"

"it was hard, hyung. if we stayed as friends i was scared that people are gonna find out and then she's gonna have to face the hate and consequences, even though the one who has feelings towards her was me."