viii. my only one

ׂ JANG HAEIN! ៵🐇
⌗ present time, social media + real life

"unnie, is it weird that i hate him but at the same time, i also miss him?" haein ranted out of nowhere after spacing out.

"well.. no. but if you do miss him then you're in denial. there's no way you hate him if you miss him." hyerin shook her head.

"i just miss him, not like him!" she stood up from her bed, approaching hyerin's bed. "here, look at this."

"it's eunchae and ni-ki doing a challenge, so what?" haein groans. "look at the comments!" she pressed the comments button. "so many are shipping them. so? are you perhaps jealous?" she smirked.

haein furrows her eyebrows. "no! i don't think so. i'm not mad, but.." she paused. "nevermind!"

"hey! don't leave me hanging!" hyerin yells at haein who was already running away, exiting their room.

> 2 NOTIFICATIONS FROM X
AND IMESSAGE!
open in app

> 2 NOTIFICATIONS FROM XAND IMESSAGE!open in app

KONON

i already told you to subscribe to her bubble,
right? join her live now
read

fine but only for a few minutes
😒  KONON reacted
read

"hello, hello everyone!" haein waves to the camera, while eating her fries. "i'm eating fries right now, have you all eaten yet?"

she began reading the comments. "what's in the background?" she reads out. she turns around for a moment, before realizing. "oh! the music? i'm playing old love by yuji and putri dahlia right now. but it's on small volume, how did you hear it?!"

"what's a song you've been listening to lately? hmm, i've been playing about you by the 1975 lately. it reminds me of.. my friends of course!"

ni-ki furrows his eyebrows hearing that statement. she didn't have a lot of friends at school back then, then who is it for?

"can you play one song on the guitar for us? yes, of course! let me grab it, please wait." haein then exits the frame.

ni-ki was thinking about sending a comment, before brushing it off, thinking she probably won't even see it as she was busy playing the guitar.

"i'm back! i found it, let's play only by leehi." she smootly ran her fingers on the guitar while singing along, making the boy stare at her admiringly.

he was reminded of when she used to play and teach him how to play the guitar until his hands would scar. but he didn't know she could sing so well, as back then she never sang in front of him.

after it ended, ni-ki then typed in saying that it was beautiful, and to his surprise, haein reads it out loud. "the cover was beautiful, your voice is so calming. oh, gumawoyo." she laughs shyly.

"you know, i used to always play the guitar to my friends but i never sang because i thought my voice was raspy. so thank you so much."

haein leans forward again to read the comments. "where's your friend now?" she pauses for a moment, before leaning back. "i used to only have 2 friends. gyuri, who debuted with me, and the other.. well, they left me." her expression slightly changes, but ni-ki was quick to notice.

he exited the live after she had said that, he was too guilty to even look at her face now that he was reminded of his past actions.

note have you guys noticed yet that ni-ki actually follows haeinthinker on twitter all this time 😆 konon texted him the same time haeinthinker posted a tweet, showing that it was actually him following the fan account