vx. a glimpse of..

𖦁ׅ ࣪ ׂ JANG HAEIN! ៵🐇 ⋆
⌗ 2019: past time, real life

"riki!" the 13 year old haein, who was in middle school, sprints as she approaches her best friend who was walking alone.

riki and haein, they were inseparable. when they met a year ago, they instantly clicked. since riki is originally from japan, he came to korea alone and lives with his host family now. though it's a shame that they don't go to the same school.

"haein-ssi!" the boy greets back. they both waved from afar at each other until haein finally catches up to him. they live quite close to each other, so this is just their everyday routine.

"look what i brought!" she paused, showing a paper-bag full of snacks on her right hand. "a boy at my class was having his birthday celebrated today. want some?" haein reaches out a few that she got and hands it to riki. "wow! thanks, i was really hungry."

"you didn't eat earlier?" riki shook his head. "i already ate but you know i get hungry easily." haein grabs a milk from her bag, ready to open it up. just then, riki snatched it away from her. "first one to arrive gets it!" haein then gasped. "yah!" she shouts while running, trying to catch up again.

after they had chased each other, they ended up on a playground swing. haein was swinging slowly while drinking her milk while riki was swinging quite fast while eating his bungeoppang. "haein-ssi." he called out. she hums, waiting for him to continue. "you know i love dancing right?" haein turns to him. "of course! you've been dancing since you were 3. what's wrong?"

"well i've been thinking on auditioning for some companies.." the younger girl gasped. "really?!" he nods a few couple of times, smiling. "yeah! a few days ago my school had this competition for the school's anniversary. turns out there were a few agency scouts and they offered me to join one." haein clapped, feeling proud.

"woah! lucky you, that's my best friend! just don't forget me when you become an idol!" hearing that sentence, it made his heart ache a little. just best friends? but little did he know, behind that cheery and excited tone, she was also hurting too.

note here's a little glimpse of their past before he became a trainee >__< i hope you all are enjoying the story so far ♥︎♥︎ feedbacks are highly appreciated!