Chapter 2

Cameron's POV

Being an only child sucks.
and god forbid the circumstances that brought me into this new wrecking place where I don't even know anyone.

Boston was a place where I felt like things were happening. I was everyone's favourite and the popular girl was my girlfriend. My game of Basketball was finally catching up. What else could I ever need? My whole life was perfect until the whole thing turned upside down.

Now here I am, in the city of Seattle, dealing with a break up which was done 2 days ago and having no one to share my thoughts with.

I walked up to the receptionist to know the whereabouts of my room. Hopefully, this Alex guy is a good company. The receptionist guides me towards the room and meanwhile, I explore the university.

The University was huge. It was almost double the previous one. We reached the room and as I entered, my mouth dropped. The place was perfectly organised! How can someone be so disciplined? The wall beside the cupboard was filled with basketball legends and a few trick shots.

Seems like Alex and I are gonna be best buddies

I realised that I had been staring at the wall for way too long and the receptionist was already gone. I look around the room to find myself alone and in the absence of Alex.

I decided to organise my things but I have no clue where the fuck should I keep it. As if god heard my problem, Alex enters the room in shock when he sees me.

"New guy?" He asks
"Yeah," I reply
"Cool," he says and lays down on his bed.

Alright, so he's not a talker which I very much preferred but right now I need his fucking help to organise my fucking things.

"Look man, sorry if I am disturbing you but I need your help in organising my shit right here." I sighed hoping that he'd help me.

He looks at me with lazy eyes but then gets up and starts observing my things.

"You can keep your clothes on the top shelves of the cupboard, but it would be great if you leave your books in your backpack itself for the moment. We'll organise it later on." He says and sits on a chair, going through all my notes.

I do exactly what he says and once I'm done I lie down on my bed to relax a bit, hoping for this semester to finish soon. I was gonna call my parents when suddenly Alex spoke up

"You play basketball?" He asks curiously.
"Yeah, but I'm not that great of a player" I reply.
"That's alright, what's your position?" He asks again.
"Oh, I'm a center player," I reply proudly.
"Cool! I'm a center player too. Maybe we could practice sometime together. I mean, if you want to, of course." He says.
"Of course! It would be my pleasure! By the way, I just noticed we haven't introduced each other. I'm Cameron." I put my hand forward.
"I'm Alex." he shakes my hand.

Great! I finally made a friend.

"By the way, don't you have any friends? I mean, people tend to be with their friends at this time of the day." I got curious.

"Oh no!" he laughs, "I don't have any friends here. People don't appreciate my vibe, which is perfectly alright cause I most of the time enjoy my own company," he replies.

"What?! there's no way I'm gonna leave my first friend at the university alone. Wanna go grab some coffee?" I ask.

"Are you serious? I mean, yeah!" He happily replies.

We went to the cafe which seemed to be new and was located a few distance from the university. the place was packed. But that was not gonna stop me from having a coffee with my first friend. 

We were about to enter the cafe when a boy shoved Alex to the wall and said,

"Where do you think you're going, Rodriguez? Don't you think you're getting too confident about winning the match? Do you like it when I have to remind you over and over that I rule this place?" The strange boy looks at me and calls out to his group of friends "Look over here guys! Alex finally got a friend."

 He comes towards me and asks, "Why on earth would you be a friend of this piece of shit? Don't you wanna get girls rooting for you and completely obsessed with you? Believe me, kid, this man's not worth your time." He says proudly. And god forbid how much I hate when someone ruins my happy time. 

"Well, you see strange guy, At Least he's man enough to not say anything other than you being immature brat enough to think you rule this place,"  I reply. He seems to get furious about what I said. Great, Mission Accomplished. Alex looked at me stunned

"And about girls and shit, well you see, I don't really mind having no attention towards me. I'm not the type of guy who only wants girls when they're pissed and want something ecstatic to get their minds under control. And before I start commenting about how you made the first impression on a new student, it's better if you mind your business and fuck off." I continued.

Alex comes between me and him and says "I really don't have the strength to argue with you now James,  It's better if you start practising for the upcoming match unless you really crave for Rebecca to see you losing gain. I'm sure she won't like it when she sees her popular boyfriend losing in front of her 20k fans live on Instagram." Alex challenged.

The strange guy who seemed to be "James" left the cafe with his boys. 

I asked Alex, "Who's he?"
Alex looked at me dumbfounded, "You don't know him, yet you fought with him?"
"I don't like it when someone ruins my happy time," I said.

"He's Mitchell James, the so-called "popular guy" of the university. He always has a problem with me. anyways, let's go get ourselves coffee." He said and started walking while I followed him.

Great First Day of University I guess.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Hope You Like It...!!!