Chapter 5

Adriana POV

As the referee reached the count of ten, my arm was raised in victory.

The crowd went wild again. It was as if they had won the match. I waved at everyone until I saw a familiar face. Well, basically familiar eyes. The eyes were sharp. It was curious. It was almost as if it had just seen my soul even from a distance far. Oh no...

I did not tell anyone about my boxing. Not because of the fear of becoming popular, but because things would start to get messy. I fear being known. I prefer being unnoticed. I did not want to mess up the only thing that relieved me from all the stress I gained from the university.

I decided to quickly leave the place before I got identified. Melissa offered me a ride home since it was pretty dark. Not that I'm afraid if some creep comes up to me, I can defend myself. And very peculiarly, Melissa isn't worried about that either, she just wants the other person to live as many years as possible. Basically, preventing me from committing a murder.

Okay, here's an issue. Melissa is a slow driver. She's never gone past 20 miles per hour. She doesn't even give me a chance to drive, since she thinks I would drive it at a speed of an aeroplane. And after what felt like an eternity, I reach home.

After reaching home I changed into my PJs and decided to call Elliana, hoping for her not to get mad about me not calling the moment I received the gift.

She picks up and says, "Hey! It's Elliana and I don't have time to talk with dickheads who don't think calling their only lovely sister as soon as they receive their gift is a priority."

"Hello, Ms. Elliana. It's Adriana speaking. I just wanted to remind you that the person you just called dickhead is a business student and has many different presentations to complete. You should feel grateful that she's even calling you 'cause she's a very busy person, you know." I half lied, but the tone of my voice was filled with Sarcasm.

"It's that damn idiot who should be grateful since her lovely sister sent her a deary gift, which I doubt she even opened it." She again speaks.

"Well, the idiot loves the necklace I must say. She is very grateful to the generous person" I reply with a certain accent, but now that I can't take the drama anymore, I say, "Now quit being dramatic and tell me how your day went, Duffer."

She gives up and says, "Nothing much. There was no class today. I just ended up sleeping all day."

Before she could say anything, I spoke, "Before you say anything, I wanna ask you something."

"Go On," she says.

"Since our birthday is coming up in the following month. I wanted to celebrate it together. And my best friend Sophie also wants to meet you. But I'm sure your friends would also be excited for your birthday. So can we plan something up, so that we could celebrate it together?" I request.

"Honestly, I was about to ask the same thing. My friend here, Angela wanted to meet you too. And since Mom and Dad are on their vacation with their dumbass relatives, I doubt that they're even gonna make it by the time of our birthdays. I think we should plan something. But I'm too lazy to plan something at this moment. So, I guess you'd have to make all the arrangements. As you know, we just came back from a very long university trip. I'm still pretty much jetlagged and I wanna keep the birthday party short. Maybe for like 3 days. Can you plan something this short?" She asks.

"Yeah, I might give it a shot" I reply.

"Great, and make sure not to have any boyfriend until then. I don't wanna be the only single person there!" She taunts.

"You'll have Sophie!" I speak.

"You already have someone! Oh my god! My ears hurt after listening to this!! Who is that guy whose brain doesn't work to choose a brat like you?!" She exaggerates.

"That's not the point. And for your kind information, I have no one and I don't even plan to have anyone until the end of university. And second of all, I'm not a brat!" I reply.

"First of all, not wanting a boyfriend in the university period sounds boring. Second of all, you are a boring brat. Third of all, it's time for you to stop speaking and start listening to me." She orders.

Saying this, she continued to rant about her boring day for 2 hours before I ended the call saying that I had presentations to work on.

Since it was currently 1 am and I, I decided to watch a movie. I never realized when sleep took over me.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Hope You Like It....