xxii. 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮!

REAL LIFE!tom

REAL LIFE!
tom

DRIVEN BY ANXIETY, Tom had decided to walk to the café an hour early. After all, he didn't want it to end like their last date. Well, this wasn't really a date though, was it?
Nevertheless, Tom hadn't wanted to test the universe, so now he'd been sitting in a tucked away corner of this little café for almost an hour now. In ten minutes, it'd be ten in the morning, but Gina was still nowhere to be seen. The bell above the door rang and Tom looked up. No Gina.

He sighed and looked at the two coffee cups that were placed in front of him. One was a cappuccino and the other an iced matcha. His coffee was getting colder by the minute, but he didn't care. It wasn't respectful to start drinking when the other still hadn't arrived. The bell rang again. Tom looked up and almost instantly, his eyes met Gina's.

Hesitantly, she made her way over to him. Tom stood up, ready to greet her.
"Hello," was all he got out when she finally reached their table. "Hi," Gina replied smoothly and sat down opposite Tom.
"I, erm, I got us coffee. I hope that's alright. An iced matcha for you, because you once said those were your favourites," the actor explained, slightly stumbling over his words. He still couldn't believe she was actually here right now. This might be his only chance to fix things with her and he really did mot want to fuck this opportunity up.

"Oh, thank you," Gina said and took a sip of her coffee. "I didn't think you'd remember."
"Well, er, I did," Tom replied and scratched the back of his neck.

Once tied together with a smile as they looked down at their phones, the couple was now tied together by a deafening silence. Neither of the two was sure if they should speak up first or wait for the other to take that weight of their shoulders.

Sick of himself right now, Tom raised his voice.

"I'm sorry for what I've done to you at Juilliard. I remember you now. You were barely 18 and ready to take on the world with your german accent and passion for acting. Everyone immediately loved you, and I must say I was a little bit much jealous of you. We were in so many courses together, even though you had much less experienced and were much younger than me. Looking back at it, I realise now that I was a horrible boy who only cared about his own career and barely about others, but deep down, I cated for you. I may have not known it then, but I know it now. At first, I was so proud of you for landing that role on Broadway, but then my jealousy took over because I wanted to be on Broadway too. Long story short, I lied to Mrs. Reid, yes. But literally the next day, I landed a job for a music video and was out of town for almost a month. When I came back, ypu were gone. I thought you were on Broadway, doing your show, so I didn't ask anybody and I never thought my lie would've had such severe consequences. I am sorry for what I did, but I can't change it now."