xxxvi. 𝐝𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐲 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

REAL LIFE!tom

REAL LIFE!
tom

GINA OPENED THE DOOR to her apartment and immediately, Tom's jaw dropped. Lights flooded through the windows and lit up the open concept of the floor plan. Next to the door was a shoe rack and a closet for jackets. Then, the space instantly opened up into a living room and a kitchen with a kitchen island and bar stools. The bathroom was the only separate room. Gina's bed was in the loft above the reading nook and a little recording station for songs and music on the right. If he squinted his eyes, he swore he could see little stars on the dark ceiling above her bed. But that wasn't what flashed Tom the most. Her apartment was filled with colours. A pink refrigerator, a violet couch and colourful walls that had murals painted onto them. Her TV was one of those that you could make look like a painting and dozens of actual paintings surrounded it. The door to the bathroom was light blue and he was sure that this bathroom was a piece of art. A desk was propped up underneath a window, next to the reading nook. Plants were scattered all across the apartment, making it seem even more alive.

Gina grinned at Tom's amazement.
“Wow,” was all he managed to get out. She laughed. “You're lucky. It's not usually this tidy.”
“It's just─”
“You didn't expect this from me?” Gina finished Tom's sentence. He nodded, “yeah. Not in a bad way. You never really dress colourful. But somehow, this still feels so... you.” Gina laughed that warm laugh of hers that made Tom's heart swell with adoration.

“Thank you? I guess?”
“That was a compliment, don't worry,” he grinned.

Gina smiled and headed to the kitchen where Tom saw her typing on her phone. Sensing her doing, he quickly opened his Instagram and refreshed her page a couple of times. Seconds after her post went online, Tom had already commented and liked it.
The woman looked up from her phone and chuckled. “Do you have my notifications on?”
“No,” Tom said, “I'm just an empath.” That caused Gina to laugh.

They were quite indecisive as to where things should go from now, but as they cooked dinner in Gina's colourful kitchen, they shared short kisses on cheeks, lips and necks. Tom knew that he wasn't feeling warm due to the heat that was radiating off the food they were preparing. But it was Gina who managed to warm his heart even with her constantly cold hands.