xxxv. 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬

REAL LIFE!gina

REAL LIFE!
gina

WHEN GINA ARRIVED at the record store, a big red "CLOSED" sign was looking right at her. She furrowed her eyebrows. Had Tom been wrong about the sale? Gina was just about to pull out her phone to text him, but suddenly the owner appeared on the other side of the glass door and turned the sign, so it now read "OPEN".
"You're lucky," the man ─ Gina assumed that it was most likely Rickey, the record store owner ─ said while opening the door.
"Why?" Asked Gina, stepping in. "You'll see," Ricky simply replied, winking.
"Well that doesn't sound creepy at all!" The shop owner laughed. "I'm sorry if it does. But I can tell you're going to be lucky because the Taylor Swift vinyls come with free friendship bracelets, made by my granddaughter."

"How did you─" Gina looked down at her shirt. "Oh!" She laughed and Ricky joined her. The woman hadn't even realised that she was wearing a shirt that read "I ❤️ TAYLOR SWIFT".
"It's right down the aisle and to your right at the very back," he said, pointing in the general direction.
Gina thanked him with a smile and went to go get her very first vinyl.

But she wasn't alone. Amongst reputation, Speak Now, Fearless, Midnights, evermore, Taylor Swift, folklore, RED, 1989 and Lover stood a man with his back facing her. Gina smiled. Finally a man with good taste, she thought and in the back of her mind the question popped up how he could already be here when she was the first to enter the shop. She ignored it and began to look through the dozens of vinyls. Her heart stopped when she found an orange reputation vinyl and the heart-shaped Lover: Live From Paris vinyls. Gina stared at the two albums in her hands, conflicted on deciding which one to buy.

Suddenly, the man bumped into her as he walked past her to get to some other special edition albums. Startled, Gina dropped the vinyls and quickly bend down to pick them up. So did the stranger. Their fingers grazed as they both reached for the Lover vinyl. Gina flinched and looked up at the guy.
Her breath stopped and her mouth dropped open. She seemed frozen, yet her heart kept beating wildly in her chest.

"Tom?" He smiled. "What are you waiting for? Are you going to hug me or what?" Gina's eyes glistened with tears and she jumped into his arms, her legs hugging his waist and her arms wrapping around his neck. Tom was a little surprised at first, but kept quiet as Gina burried her face in the back of his neck.