xxvii. 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

REAL LIFE!gina

REAL LIFE!
gina

GINA WAS CURLED UP in those fluffy, big hotel bedsheets, her phone in her hand as she had just been scrolling through the comment section on her newest spam post. She was about to click read more on her reply to Ashley's reply when a sound from the bathroom made her flinch.
Out of instinct, Gina froze, not moving a single inch. Silence. She sighed. It was probably just my mascara falling over, she thought.

Gina was about to click read more once again, when she heard the toilet flush and the sink turning on. Her eyes went wide. There was someone in her bathroom! Frozen, she calculated her options. Her eyes scanned her nearby surroundings. No weapons. She looked under the covers. She still had last nights clothes on. Okay, that's good.
The sink turned off. And in that split second between the sink turning off and the intruder opening the bathroom door, Gina jumped out of bed and ran across the room.

She pressed herself against the wall next to the bathroom door. It opened. And down he goes, Gina thought as she hit the person in the back of their head with her phone and jumped on them, bringing them both down to the ground with a scream. The intruder struggled against her grip, but she was ultimately stronger. Maybe that black belt was useful for something...

The man, Gina now realised, was laying with his face facing the ground, Gina on his back, holding his arms behind his back.
“Gina?” A groaning came from beneath her. “What the fuck are you doing?” Gina's eyes went wide. She knew that voice. Still, she didn't move from her position. Instead, she grabbed the man's chin and turned it to the side, so she could be sure this wasn't a stranger.

“Tom?” Gina furrowed her eyebrows.

“Could you please get off me?” He groaned. In an instant, Gina was off his back and helped him back up. Tom dusted his trousers off and rubbed the back of his head where she had hit him with her phone. “What are you doing in my room? In my bathroom to be exact.”
Tom chuckled.
“Gina, you're in my room.”
“What?”