0.3

🎵-  khariyat

[Ignore grammatical errors and typos]

Prisha put her hand in his. He gently held her hand. Like always, he was a trained dancer. His dad literally made them perfect at everything in previous years. He sensed that she was not enjoying dancing.

You don't like dancing, he said.

Romantic songs are boring, she replied

What type of songs do you like? He asked and twirled her around at the same time.

90's pop, party bangers, etc., she said

Can you suggest some? It's a better way of asking her preference.

No, she directly denied him.

Why? He asked, feigning a look of disappointment.

Because I don't want to, she removed her hand from his shoulder, and then he realised the song had already stopped.

His father called him. All the time, he was staring at her. She walked towards the food counter, and he followed her. She was about to pick up something when Rudra interrupted her. You should try this.

He served her some dishes. She thanked him for his act. She was struggling in her dress to walk. She doesn't have the habit of wearing heavy clothes. He asked, seeing her irritated face,

Why are you wearing such a heavy and long dress? He asked, pulling one chair out for her to sit on.

To look good, she gave him short reply.

You look good without it too, he said, unknown about the double meaning behind those words. Their eyes met for a second. She bit her lip awkwardly. He stared at her face and realised what he had said a few seconds ago. He scratched his neck from behind awkwardly and gave her a smile.

She spoke, trying to change the topic. The food is nice.

Is it? Finally, the purpose of the party is fulfilled. He said, and she gave him what? look.

Do you remember me? He asked, hoping for her to at least say we studied in the same school.

C'mon, Rudra, what were you thinking? I will talk and dance with a stranger. She said, chuckling humourously.

He doesn't know why, but he will never forget her. Her image of sitting in the garden and struggling to complete her diagram was imprinted in his brain. He made some of her sketches too. She noticed her father coming towards her. She got up from her chair and asked him, Papa, can we go home now?

Yeah little, did you eat? He asked her.

Obviously, for what else did I come here? What about you? She whispered the first sentence a little lowly. Her father replied to her with a smile. She turned around and said bid-bye to Rudra. Her father didn't ask her anything, as he wanted her to talk with new people and socialize. She hardly meets anyone. She is not interested in anything other than studies.

_____

Next day,

Rudra was driving in his car. Then suddenly, he spotted Prizha outside the bank calling someone. Rudra stopped the car in front of her.

Hey, any problem? He asked, sliding the glass of the window down.

Hi, actually, I am waiting for my driver. She replied

Come, I will drop you, he said. After hesitating a little, she finally agreed.

She was silent,so he started a conversation between...

So, what are you doing these days? He asked

Nothing special, she replied, and it sounded too formal for him.

Who is in your family?

Dad, mom, and me.

you live in joint family, Right?  She asked him.

Yeah, tell me something more about you? He asked in return

Why you want to know about me? She replied back

Why you are so straightforward? He replied lessening speed of the car.