New years: 1976

December 31st 1975

The watchers grew excited to see the next scene everyone loving the buzz of anticipation for the new year.

It was New Year's Eve, and the Potter residence was buzzing with excitement. Downstairs, Euphemia and Fleamont were hosting a lively party, complete with music, laughter, and delicious food and the adults had maybe a bit too much fire whisky.

Meanwhile, a group of teenagers had claimed the upstairs area as their own, turning it into their little party zone. Sirius and James snuck a few bottles of their parents' fire whisky and wine from downstairs.

"Boys!" Mrs. Potter exclaimed in disappointment.

"Sorry mum" the teenagers pouted at their public scolding.

James, a charismatic and outgoing guy, had his eye on Ophelia, a captivating and free-spirited girl. They had been friends for a while, but tonight, there was a spark in the air that neither of them could ignore.

Upstairs, the atmosphere was chaotic. The teenagers had created their party where they grooved to their favorite tunes in the middle of the room. James's room was adorned with colorful decorations, confetti, and string lights, setting the perfect festive ambiance all thanks to Ophelia.

As the clock ticked closer to midnight, the anticipation grew. James and Ophelia have been catching each other's eyes all night long as they danced with other partners, played games in a circle, and enjoyed their youth.

Sirius and Remus nodded at each other from their respective spots, signaling that it was time to put their plan into action.

"oh Merlin what did you two scheme up?" Ophelia sighed. 

Remus pushed James and Sirius jokingly spun Ophelia making her land in the center getting caught by a semi-unbalanced James. Where green met and hazel. The music faded and the countdown began. The background noise defended as James started leaning down and when the clock struck twelve the two locked lips in a passionate embrace.

A bunch of the viewers were chanting kiss! kiss! as the two became their favorite OTP

In that magical instant, surrounded by the energy of the new year, James and Ophelia leaned in and shared a tender, heartfelt kiss. Time seemed to stand still as they embraced the sweetness of the moment, their hearts dancing in sync.

The sound of applause and cheers from their friends filled the room, celebrating not only the arrival of the new year but also the blossoming romance between James and Ophelia. They looked around to see their friends all smiling at them, cheering the two for FINALLY expressing their romantic feelings for each other, and a few (the Prewitt twins ) making kissy faces, teasing the two. 

In the grandhall there was quite the commotion about the kiss. Sirius (despite setting up the trap) and Regulus glared at the hazel-eyed boy for laying his hands and mouth on their sister. 

Fleamont and Orion gave each other a look, knowing that this was going to happen. 

A bunch of students were passing around galleons from their bets.  

James and Ophelia couldn't meet each other's eyes, not ready to accept the feelings they had for each other but completely missed how a certain red head glared at the two, trying to make a plan to prevent this kiss from happening.