Chapter Seventeen

Zaikai POV

I watched a little sneer form on the dragons face. What a cocky little fucker.

"That's none of your damn business old man," he growled out through clenched teeth.

"It is my damn business when you keep killing clan leaders," I growled back.

I watched his mismatched eyes shift into a narrow slit as he glared deeply at me. He stood taller than me but only by a few inches. Blonde no golden hair surrounded his head like a halo, a few days of ginger scruff covered his jaw and outlined his sculpted face. One of his eyes a deep dark green that rivaled Icarus's and the other a steely yellow, were fixated on my form with hate.

"Those clan leaders walked right into their deaths," Osiris said a little softer but not by much.

"Oh did they?" I asked mockingly.

He walked over to the table and unwound his arms. Placing his fingertips on the edge of the wood he leaned in close to me.

"Do you know how dragons choose a leader?" He asked menacingly in my face. "We hunt down the challengers and rip out their hearts and eat them," he grinned evilly showing a row of sharp teeth. "Not what you expected huh old man?"

The room was silent as everyone processed what was said.

I sighed pressing my fingers against my chin. "How many are left to kill?"

Osiris pushed off the table and turned towards the window, "three."

"What happens if they don't want to fight?" One of the council leaders asked.

Osiris gave out a strained laugh, "you guys don't know much about dragons do you?" His eyes returned to normal human ones. "No dragon leader is going to refuse a challenge."

"Then how do they get out of this death massacre?" A coven witch asked.

"They don't, there damned if they do it and there damned if they don't." he crossed his arms over his chest. "Put it this way would you rather die as a coward or die with the little honor you have?"

"He's right," an alpha werewolf said. "If they don't accept the challenge their clan will kill them anyway."

"Then don't go challenge them," I spoke up. "Or can you not do that Osiris?"

He glared in my eyes for a moment then gave out a low chuckle,"I like you old man."

"I try" I said with no emotion.

"I could do that but others would find me weak, and besides I've come so
far to just stop." He threw his arms out and a sinister grin blossomed on his face.

Before I could retort back I heard little foot steps enter the room, then a soft hand landed on my shoulder.

"I felt you needed me," Icarus whispered in my ear. My restlessness towards this dragon must have called out to him in the middle of his rest.

"No little one," I smiled sitting down in my chair and pulling him on my lap. "This little runt was just getting on my nerves, I might just have to kill him for waking you up."

Icarus smiled then bent down and kissed my cheek,"no need I feel better with you anyway." What a bad time for my cock to come to life.

Then we heard a deep rumbling purr. I looked up and there was Osiris with his nose up in the air and his eyes closed in pleasure.

The whole room was star struck as Osiris fixated his mismatched eyes on Icarus. They narrowed into slits as he took long strides towards us.

I pushed Icarus close to my chest wrapping my arms around him in a protecting way. "Don't come any closer," I growled venomously out.

Icarus POV

My breathing came in harsh pants as Zaikai pushed me even closer to his chest. Hissing at the dragon who was now paralyzed in place.

"No," the dragon whispered, "it's not him." He looked up and locked his eyes with mine, "it's someone that you know."

The only names that ran through my mind were Aegeus, Baine, and Kallex.

I struggled to get out of Zaikai's constricting hold when the dragon all but ran out the door.

"Zaikai let me go!" I cried out desperately. "He's going after my family, I have to warn them!"

Zaikai growled harshly and pushed me even further into his chest. "This council meeting is dismissed, I must go put my beloved back down to bed." He stood up and carried my struggling form back to our room.

"Zaikai please!" Tears welled up in my eyes, as I looked up at him. He ignored my stares and kept walking up the steps.

When we finally came to the room. I was a crying blubbering mess in his arms. He sat down on the side of the bed and gently started to rock me.

"Shhh shhh, it's going to be alright Icarus." He whispered in my ear, placing a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"Please," I tried again "I don't want anything to happen to them," I sniffled looking up into his stone cold eyes.

"Nothing is going to happen, Aegeus is a smart man, Osiris won't hurt them he probably just smelt a potential mate." I closed my eyes, only relaxing slightly at his reasoning words.

I laid passively in Zaikai's sturdy arms. Dreading the fate of one of my family members.

-----------

Osiris POV

I sat in the back of the club called The Vampires Kiss. A drink was nursed in my fingers as I fixated my eyes on my prey.

My dragon was almost bursting at the erotic scent this vampire was emitting. All I needed was a taste a simple taste then I would know if he was the one or not.

Oh what a beauty he was, shorter than me but only by a few inches. Pale flawless vampire skin dark chocolate eyes, and a mop of black hair that looked silky to the touch.

He stood behind the bar, a towel flipped over his shoulder and his hip cocked as he served drinks. A man with definite muscle mass but not as much as me. He was also a dominate by the way he moved and acted towards his customers. With his chin jutted high in complete and utter confidence. A sinister grin formed on my face I couldn't wait to break him into submission.

Oh yes, I couldn't wait to get a taste of the vampire named Baine.