Chapter Eighteen

Icarus POV

I was worried, Zaikai knew this and wouldn't let me out of his constricting hold.

He held me tight as he walked around the house giving orders. Every so often he would bend down and kiss my forehead, lingering there for a little while.

"I can walk you know," I grumbled into his chest.

"Oh really? I had no idea," he playfully smiled down at me, as he plopped down on his office chair.

"Icarus there is something I want to talk to you about," he turned me around on his lap so I straddled him.

"Yes?" I questioned, purposely making my eyes wider, and innocent.

"There is going to be a ball of sorts being held tomorrow night, and I wanted to present you officially as my beloved."

I great, big smile blossomed on my face without my permission. I wrapped my arms around his narrow waist and placed a small peck on the side of his jaw. "I would love that."

He kissed me back but this smooch landed on my smiling lips. "Wonderful," he picked me up and started walking towards the bedroom. "Now this time there will be absolutely no complications during your rest."

I sighed softly as he drew back the covers and tucked me inside their warm embrace. He kissed me on my forehead and muttered a sweet goodnight.

My eyes drifted shut in a well needed sleep.

---------------

Icarus POV

I awoke to the loud bustling of people. My eyes peeled open a little, but squinted shut when a messy kiss pushed on the side of my head.

"I see the princess has awoken." I ignored Zaikai's comment and focused on waking up my body.

I was propped in between Zaikai's long legs. My head was tilted back on his chest, my small legs tangled with his. His arms were wrapped around me holding a book in front of both of us. My arms were curled around his bulging biceps.

I just looked up at him. In awe with his everlasting beauty.

Dark hair that curled around his ears and strong jaw. That sexy stubble that moved around his chin and lips, giving his awestruck beauty a boost of masculinity. Dark eyes that seemed to hold no pupil, surrounded by a pair of black eyelashes. His face was strong and bold and appeared to be sculpted from marble. Straight, precise lines mapped the contours of his face, hollowing out his cheeks slightly. Then those lips. Those beautiful, perfect lips. That started the beginning of us. Were curved up in a thoughtful smile as he looked down back at me.

I didn't care that he caught me looking up at him. I just wanted to take him all in and admire that everlasting beauty.

"You're hair is beautiful you know," he murmured, his hand pulling through the long locks.

Long? My hair was not that long.

I sat up a little away from him and looked down at the soft pile of white hair that polled in my lap.

I grasped Zaikai's thick wrist in worry. "Why is my hair so long?"

His eyes held no worry as he ran his hand through my new hair again. "The shampoo we bought at the shop,did this."

"Oh.." I trailed off while running my hand along side Zaikai's in my hair.

"You're just so beautiful," Zaikai gushed squishing me to his chest.

I laughed out loud. Playful Zaikai has made an entrance.

"Now," he started to move up and out of the bed pulling me with him."Lets get ready for the party."

A few hours later I stood with Zaikai at the entrance of our home. Me up on my tiptoes fixing his tie and him looking at his smartphone.

I had on a pair of dress slacks that fit me like a glove. Shiny shoes were tied on my small feet. A forest green button up shirt fit snugly around my torso. The sleeves were pulled up at the elbows and the collar of my shirt was flared open exposing my claiming tattoo. My hair was in soft white curls that hung to my ankles, little green barrettes were placed elegantly in the fold of the strands.

Zaikai wore dark slacks with a matching pair of shoes. He had on a black button up that he tucked in his pants. A long forest green tie was on and a pair of green studs were slotted in his ears. His curly hair was gelled out of his face and rested at the nape of his neck.

Excitement clouded my face and struck deep in my belly as Zaikai took my arm in his and led me to the black limousine.

The ride felt like it only lasted seconds. And soon we were walking up the cobblestone steps and through the large white pillars in the center of the city.