Chapter Twenty One (last chapter)

Icarus to the side
I guess the first chapter didn't want to show it

Icarus POV

It's been about five months since me and Zaikai first met. We got married three weeks ago and sold the house for a much smaller two story home on the outskirts of the city.

We've adopted an alpha wolf pup named Cadmus who's pack got murdered by rouges. And a little damphir named Thackery who's mother died in child birth.

Right now I sat on the couch holding Thackery who was swaddled up in a blanket close to my chest. His older brother Cadmus was getting chased around by Zaikai in his wolf form.

We just got Thackery a week ago and he was quite skittish especially around Cadmus who wanted to play with his new brother. Thackery was only three and preferred to be around me. He was quite adorable with a tuft of blonde curls and bright blue eyes and we just knew we had to adopt him when he reached his little chubby hands out to us.

Cadmus was seven years old and was quite enthralled with the existence of Thackery. He had light brown hair and dark forest green eyes, and was always hyper and jumpy.

"Hi cutie," I coed down at Thackery. Who gave Me toothy grin and started to wiggle for me to put him down.

I placed him down in front of Cadmus and Zaikai who were play fighting. Thackery started to laugh when Cadmus came over and started to play with him.

Zaikai plopped down next to me and placed his arm around my shoulders and kissed my forehead.

"I'll never let this family go," he murmured in my hair as we watched Thackery and Cadmus play.

"We wouldn't let you," I smiled up at him.

And in that last moment I knew this life couldn't get any more perfect.

------------

End of the story! Yaya

I will now be writing Osiris and Baines story and I will be posting the prologue today! The book is called His Dragon King.

Thank you for reading to the end!
.