5

Needless to say, Jungkook had taken care of the one who started the rumor of Jimin and Taehyung being a couple. He had just wanted to have a little chat with the girl, but his friends caught wind of his intentions and accompanied him which ended in the girl being so frightened that she had to leave school early.

Still, it was a success in putting an end to these stupid rumors about Taehyung and the attention shifted from the new boy to a more meaningless topic. Finally allowing Taehyung to breathe for the first time.

He didn't know what had changed but he knew that the people stopped looking at him ever so often, finally giving him some peace. Taehyung also didn't know that Jungkook was responsible for it but something did change after the event in the bathroom: the jocks were staring at him. Especially Jungkook's closest friends while Jungkook would smile at Taehyung ever so often in the corridors.

The jock didn't want to scare the shy boy away, he wanted to become friends with Taehyung. But the blonde held other thoughts, he would clutch fearfully onto his books, scurry past Jungkook when the other approached him, sometimes with his hand raised in greeting.

Whenever one of his friends caught sight of the scene, they would laugh and pat Jungkook's slumped shoulder in pity. It was incredibly hard to approach the beautiful male, now known as the school's prettiest student.

Taehyung didn't want any problems; he only wanted his degree. He was content with his school life, he had friends and he had Jimin. Jimin, overprotective best friend who would scare any suitor away with a snarl and who dodged any question regarding Taehyung because soon, the students found out that they had higher chances with Taehyung by approaching his best friend. Too bad that they bit on granite when encountering Jimin.

Especially Jungkook had to have learned that the hard way, the first time he dared to address the bathroom issue with Jimin, the other had outright snarled at him to mind his own fucking business.

But Jungkook wouldn't be Jungkook if he caved so easily. No, once he put his mind to something, he wanted to succeed in it. A trait he inherited from his parents.

It became known that Taehyung liked to read in the library or in the book club's room and getting that information wasn't that hard to find out for Jungkook. He wanted to be bold with Taehyung, show him his interest and hopefully get the pretty boy to agree to go on a date with him.

With that thought in mind, Jungkook approached Taehyung one day during a free period, tapping his shoulder.

Taehyung flinched out of the book world, looking up wide-eyed at the shadow looming over him threateningly. For a second, horror flashed across his face before recognizing Jungkook.

"What are you reading, pretty?"

The pet-name flustered Taehyung in a way that surprised Jungkook, a gentle smile now tugging on his lips. If he wanted to woo Taehyung, that was a good step into the right direction.

With fluttering lashes, the blonde student looked up to the jock, looking so pretty in his cream-colored sweater and the black jeans, so sweet with the large puppy eyes and parted lips. Taehyung seemed to have forgotten how to talk, blinking slowly.

Jungkook shifted on his feet, tilting his head in confusion.

"We have literature together," Taehyung said quietly, minding their surroundings, "it's the same book."

"Ah." Jungkook rubbed over the back of his head, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Is it good? I haven't read it yet." And you probably never will because you will die right here right now in embarrassment, Jungkook thought to himself.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, not knowing how to talk to Jungkook.

Too be honest, Taehyung had been avoiding Jungkook after the bathroom incident, too embarrassed to look him into the eyes. Jimin had told him a bit about Jungkook, the most popular guy of the school next to Hoseok, the star athlete and crush of every girl. And of some guys as it seemed because that male over there was blushing since Jungkook had entered the library.

Plus, Jungkook was gorgeous. He had that kind of unaware boyish charm that caused you to look twice into his direction, wondering how such a beautiful being could walk around freely. Once Jungkook would grow into his looks and mature even further, no one would be safe from his attractive features.

It didn't help that he looked like the incarnation of every single one of Taehyung's wet dreams, with a deep but breathy voice Taehyung imagined sounding lovely against his skin.

Yes, Taehyung did have a slight crush on Jeon Jungkook but can you blame him? Jungkook was perfect and Taehyung had always felt awkward in the presence of attractive people. Especially someone with the physique of a Greek god and the charisma of Casanova.

"It's a required reading," Taehyung's answer was vague, like he didn't want to talk to Jungkook. This would've discouraged anyone else but Jungkook wasn't just anyone.

"I've heard you and Jimin talking about our upcoming football game," he started, leaning over to Taehyung and resting his elbows on the table before leaning close. God, Taehyung was even more gorgeous from up close, and oh lord, was that a mole under his eyes, right over golden freckles? Jesus, these lips look so soft!

"R-really?" Taehyung's voice was merely a squeak because Jungkook was too close to him, he smelled too good and he looked way too good propped up against the desk like that.

"Yeah," Jungkook's smile turned into a smirk and he bit his lip, effectively capturing Taehyung's attention and shifting it to his lips. Taehyung's eyes grew even wider, God he looked so cute, so adorable with flushed cheeks.

"I hope you'll come, because I wanna score a goal in your name." Jungkook winked at a flabbergasted Taehyung who could only stare at the jock with open mouth, watching Jungkook straighten his posture with a satisfied grin, feeling victorious for finally getting a reaction off of Taehyung.

"See you at the game, pretty."

~

This Jungkook >>>>

Elaboratae