< BRUTAL >

BRUTAL
"I'm so sick of 17, where's my fucking teenage dream."

"Florence." The rain drops falling down the window, was calming. Florence's eyes continued gazing out the window as she avoided the impending conversation, "Florence." Had someone called her name, she wasn't sure. "Florence!" Dowling clapped her hands once snapping the girl back into reality.

She tilted her head back towards the older woman, acknowledging her for the first time since she had walked in. "Yes." She deadpanned, her fingers clutched around the sides of the arm chair.

"As of now you are the top student at Alfea, that comes with responsibility. We mustn't let the events of the summer affect your grades Florence." The girl paled as she ran her fingers along the arm chairs again, "I intend to give you a few extracurriculars, being a fairy doesn't just mean you should utilise your abilities but also your strength."
Sparks connecting between the tips of her fingers and the cushioned chair.

"You'll begin training with me three mornings of the week." Silva cleared his throat, glancing at Dowling as if she had spoken every word that came out of his mouth. "It'll help with.. your anger."

"You can't be fucking serious." She sat up her cheeks flushing red for a moment, "Oh god, you are." When she noticed the stern looks from both adults, "Fuck this." Her hand covered her eyes lightly.

"Show some respect Florence, take your language down a notch." Silva's voice entered the midst once again, the roll of Florence's eyes a familiar one.

"Respect." A small laugh left her lips, at the hostility in the room, "Respect wouldn't have landed me here." She ran her tongue across her teeth slouching further into the couch.

"Florence, we are trying to help you. You've been through a great deal for your age..

"What... not many second years kill a parent?" Florence was angry at the meeting, what would they tell her that she didn't already know. "Just kidding Silva, I'm sure loads of second years have." She huffed an angry breath, Dowling sending her a stern look.

"Florence you need to take this seriously, you need to learn to control your abilities more effectively." Dowling had a pen in her hand as she scribbled on more paperwork.

"Right, wouldn't want me to hurt anyone else." She made a move to grab her bag, sat back down when a memory invaded her mind. Her parents were sat opposite to her at the dinner table casually conversing.

Florence's breathing was elevated slightly as she scanned the details of the memory. They were so happy, so very happy, how did it fall apart so easily. The scene dissipated shifting to a new scene. A recent event. Suddenly a yell of pain echoed through her mind, the voice more than familar as Dowling pulled her back out of it.

"What.. what." She mumbled breathlessly, Silva having seemed to take a step towards the pair concern evident on his face. She looked up meeting the gaze of Dowling who seemed content with action.

"I want to make sure you never feel like that again Florence." Tears welled in Florence's eyes as she retrieved her bag leaving the room as fast as she could ignoring the call of her name from Silva.

"Farah, she's 17 she shouldn't have to feel like that. Don't you think we should feel guilty, It wouldn't of happened if..." He admitted running a hand through his hair.

"None of this is our fault Saul, the Walkers did this to themselves." Dowling sighed, scribbling another note.

Meanwhile, Florence rushed through the groups of first years anxiously, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "Florence! Hey Florence." Stella's voice stopped her in her footsteps, the girl turning around to meet her.

"This is Bloom, shes the fire fairy I told you about." Stella seemed desperate to hand off the first year, Florence the first person to walk past.

"Hi Bloom." She greeted politely for a moment before turning back to Stella. "I'll see you later Stella, I.. I need to go." Her eyes had watered again, the same haunting noise running through her head. Stella sent her an odd look as she continued weaving through students towards their dorm.

Her quick walk was interrupted once again by a familar figure, the disgruntled specialist stopping her before she could run directly into him. "Sparky." He spat Florence scoffing as she went to move past him, "Watch where you're going hey?" His tone dripped with cockiness as he leant down to talk to her.

"Move out of my way Riven and I won't have to watch." She shoved past him clinging to her bag as she finally passed through the doors to her dorm.