< CRYING LIGHTNING >

CRYING LIGHTNING
"Your past times consisted of the strange, and twisted and deranged."

"No you don't understand Silva." Florence was a trembling mess, "Burned ones went out decades ago... why- why are they back."
The older man paced in front of her waiting for Dowling to return.

"You're not sure what you saw Florence." He rubbed his jaw tensely, unsure on the answers she asked for. "Farah will confirm it.. for now you need to calm down kid." He tried his hardest to comfort her, frightened himself.

The clicking of the door sent Florence to her feet as Silva too relaxed, "Farah." He sighed in relief as the older woman strolled past them towards the window, "I chained it up
in a barn outside the Barrier." She mumbled towards Silva offering Florence a small glance.

"So- So it's real then. It's a burned one." Florence sank back into her seat bringing her knees to her chest.

"A burned one.. you should've k*lled it." Silva stressed, running a hand through his hair moving closer to Dowling.

"And left it in the human world?" Dowling scoffed, Florence seemingly zoning out from the conversation entirely. It had almost killed Dowling. Dowling was the most powerful fairy she knew. Florence couldn't hide her fear, her cheek already stained with tears from previously.

Shaky fingers were brought to her mouth as her eyes stared blankly at the carpet. She'd almost died, almost been mutilated, "Florence." A hand came into contact with her shoulder, the teen flinching at the touch. She looked up to Silva, noticing the concerned look on his face, across the room Dowling too looking at her.

"Go get some sleep, I know what you saw was rather traumatic." He sighed kneeling down to her eye level, "But you mustn't tell anybody what you saw, news will spread quick but we don't want you aiding that spread Florence." She nodded Silva moving so she could rise to her feet.

She sent one last glance to Dowling before she made her way to the door stopping at the mention of her name, "You did good today Florence, you should be proud." Dowling prided as Florence left exhaling slowly as she left the office.

Tears spilled down her already rosy cheeks as she moved quickly through the darkness, currents running from her fingers to her skin, trying to focus her mind on her electricity rather than the enemy.

She could hear hushed voices in the courtyard, as she grew closer, contemplating going the other way despite it being longer. A familar voice stopped her from diverting her path instead Riven in the distance, smoke leaving his lips.

She tried to wipe her tears, unsuccessfully as she noticing he was busy talking to a red headed first year, the pair rather close together. She failed to pass unnoticed, Riven's eyes moving across to view her.

"Florence?" She sent him a small glance, his eyes softening at the sight of her tear soaked face. Instead of continuing the conversation she continued ignoring the comments from his companion about the girl.

After a short while she found her way to her dorm shutting the door as quietly as she could. A few seconds passed before Terra and Musa turned their lights on viewing the girl.

"Oh Florence, are you okay?" Terra asked softly, Florence's hand reached up to wipe her face again self-consciously. Her eyes drifting to the other teen, Musa seeing straight through her, feeling everything Florence felt.

"Yeah.. Yeah I'm alright Terra." She moved towards her room her fingers grazing the door handle.

"If you need to talk to anyone, Terra will listen." Musa joked, the humour making Florence's lips tilt to a small smile.

"So much for a first day huh." She turned around smiling at the pair of the girls, her fingers behind her pulling the door open. She slipped into her room.