< LOVERS (LIVE A LITTLE LONGER) >

LOVERS (LIVE A LITTLE LONGER)
"You and me, we got a chance to live twice."

"They killed her and I'm left with you."

"Horrible little child aren't you?"

"They've killed your mother and now you're going to kill me."

Florence awoke with a gasp reaching for anything, her hands scrunched within her sheets. She had been crying in her sleep again, her face rather wet as she slid from the covers.

"Florence are you okay?" Musa had felt the rather dramatic wake up from the room beside, the girl knocking softly on the door.

"Yep, perfect sorry Musa." Florence rushed to her mirror, wipes cleaning the state of her cheeks. "Just a bad dream I promise." Her stupid nightmares had gifted Florence with hardly any sleep, Musa needing to wear headphones most nights.

"Are you coming for breakfast Florence?" Terra's voice now called out, Florence dressing for the morning hastily.

"I can't sorry Terra I'll see you after." She replied now onto straightening her hair, Dowling insisted it made her look more presentable than her curly hair.

After a while she heard the door click the girls leaving for the morning. She knew she only had a few minutes, the voices in her head hadn't stopped since waking up. "Five minutes", she reminded her pulling open her drawer.

Fleeting to the window, her finger touched to the end of the joint lighting it. Dowling would murder her if she found out but she had gotten better at hiding it. It helped clear her mind most days.

As she passed her roommates she noticed, Stella and Sky pouring over a map. Bloom had noticed her presence whispering something to Sky beside her as the specialist glanced over at Florence. He sent her a concerned glance as she continued aware of the bags underneath her eyes she had failed to conceal.

Dowling's office was only a short walk from there. Sometimes Florence wished she was an Earth Fairy, and could walk through the stone walls of the castle. "... What you after, anyway? Test answers?"

"Please. The tests they give now might as well be written in crayon. I'm looking for the shit they don't teach. The secrets..

"There is a library in this building if you can recall." Florence pushed the door open angrily, Riven nearly tumbling for Dowling's chair at the sight of the air fairy,

"Florence!-

"Get out, both of you." Her eyes were hardened as she dropped her books to the familar lounge chair in the centre of the room, "You're lucky I'm not telling Sky about this, or Dowling." She spat in Riven's direction, the boy rolling his eyes as he stood up.

"Florence, I'm sure you out of all people would love to know what Dowling is so desperate to hide." Beatrix diverted the conversation, Riven stopping on his journey out of the room.

"I have no loyalties to you, get out before Dowling hears about your little break-in Beatrix." The red headed girl scoffed brushing past Florence as she left the room, Riven on his way after her.

"What the hell are you thinking." Florence gritted through her teeth stopping the teen as he reached the doorway, her fingers wrapped around his arm. "Breaking in to Dowling's office? She could expel you Riven, I wouldn't be able to stop her." He ran his tongue across his teeth, the mention of his first name appealing to him.

"Don't flatter yourself sweetheart, I would've got myself out of it." He saluted her as he left the room, a rather angry Florence sat in the arm chair as she waited.

By the time Dowling had arrived, Florence had thankfully calmed down, Dowling unable to sense her irritation. "Florence, I understand you were rather upset-

"There's a burned one roaming around outside the barrier." Florence begin smacking her lips, "And I found out by it trying to murder the pair the of us." Florence sat up.

"I didn't know about it Florence." It shut the girl up as her eyes widened. If Dowling didn't know about it, the school was in trouble, "Despite your anger which I can clearly sense, you're scared. You were scared after our encounter, I want ensure that doesn't happen again." Florence ran his fingers across her nail beds.

"If you aren't scared of such a dreadful creature I don't think you're human." Florence mumbled quietly as her fingers begun picking at the skin around her nails.
Dowling hummed in response as the busy woman opening the drawer to her desk.

"You're going to be a powerful fairy one day Florence, which is why I think you should begin your research." Florence exhaled a large textbook pushed towards her, "It'll tell you everything you need to know." Florence stood retrieving the heavy book, she scanned the first few pages noticing the topic.

"Thank you." The book detailed everything about defeated Burned Ones, "But if you are giving this to me, does that.. does that mean there's more?" Florence's heart dropped again, Dowling sending her a worried glance.

"Most likely not.. but I want you to be prepared Florence, I don't know if this is a single incident." Dowling finished dismissed the teen with the addition of the old textbook.