< MOTHER >

"Well, this... will pick up... trace elements of the kind of magic used. You can think of it like a sort of... magical finger... print process. Is that..."

"Callum... Yes. He was k*lled by magic.
Well, at least now we know where he went." Florence listened more intently pressed against the outside of the office.

"And that there's a m*rder in our school. It couldn't be—"

"..you think it was me?" Florence's voice trialled from the door at least two out of three of the adults flinching, "I'm assuming although, should probably considering you all knew where I was." She revealed herself from the doorway, awkward glances from all three adults.

"Dowling, I need to speak with you." Florende filled the awkward silence, Professor Harvey taking his leave as he took the odd equipment that had detected magic.

"I'll see you for training Florence." Silva nodded his head to Dowling before passing Florence, a soft smile on his lips.

"Florence—"

"She's been speaking to me." Dowling's brows furrowed, a slight pale in her skin, "Rosalind." She stated, "So either tell me who she is or perhaps I'll start listening to her." Dowling collapsed into the seat behind her desk, a grim look on her face.

"Florence I swear I'll tell you all the answers
you seek, but not for the time being." It clicked in Florence's head as she narrowed her eyes. The Queen was coming, that's what had all three professors so anxious.

"I'm expecting answers, but I suppose.. the queen is of higher priority." With a huff she left the room. She trusted Dowling to give her the answers, all she needed was her loyalty.

Wandering the castles avoiding her usual glances she spotted her friend group in the distance. "How about lunch." Florence slid into the seat beside Musa, happily Musa splitting her lunch with Florence. Florence gratefully took a sandwich listening in to the conversation Terra and Aisha were conversed in.

"...worried about Bloom. These rumours." Florence inhaled a breath, Musa nudging her letting her know the other two girls attention was on her.

"Rumours.. gossip is tough but Bloom's strong, I'm sure it isn't bothering her as much as it seems." Musa eyes lit up across the room reading Bloom's emotions are she passed.

"Nope shes not fine." Musa added, Florence giving her an awkward smile.

"Well then, Bloom's experiencing a bit of the high life." Florence tried to joke failing as the girls sent her offended glares, "I just mean rumours are what Stella and I deal with daily, daughter of a queen. Me, orphan." Faced with more awkward glances, Florence shoved herself from off the bench.

"Florence, Bloom's situation is different-

"Yeah Aisha, Bloom didn't kill her father last I recalled." Her face flushed red before embarrassment took her features, "Don't all look so shocked I'm sure you've heard. Guess I confirmed it. Tell me Bloom despite our 'situtations', she can talk to me." Flinching at Musa's touch she fled leaving the girls.

She couldn't understand her odd outburst. Or the anger she felt towards Dowling and her friends. Rosalind may have been getting to her. She wasn't sure.

With the arrival of the Queen, of course it was becoming more difficult to keep her emotions in check. "With Queen Luna—" Dowling mentioned again and she tensed beside her, conversations running through her head from earlier that day.

"I know Dowling, she is a queen. I won't act like an animal." The older woman tried to conceal her smile to scold the girl failing.
"If she's anything like Stella, I'm sure I can deal." She held a polite smile as the limousine pulled up, Stella in front of the pair.

Stepping gracefully out of the carriage she greeted her daughter before turning to Florence and Dowling, "Farah, what a delightful surprise, come to greet me." Florence cleared her throat, she didn't care if she was a queen.

"..And you must be Florence Walker." The Queen seemed somewhat impressed with the prized student of Alfea.

"Pleasure to meet you, your majesty." With a polite gesture, Florence offered the queen a tight lipped smile.

"Pleasure's mine, Florence Walker, now Farah let's get to business shall we." Following behind the two woman Florence squeezed Stella's hand, comforting the blonde despite her unbothered appearance.

By the time Florence had made it to the assembly she was on edge. "There we are." Queen Luna's voice rang while Florence stood beside Dowling. The assembly was being held to find the killer of Callum. Florence had thankfully convinced Dowling that she had no involvement in the murder leaving her to organise the assembly.

Queen Luna continued and Florence's eyes widened as she turned to Dowling, "Bloom's missing." She hushed and Dowling scanned her eyes across noticing the same.

"Find her." Florence was quite to pace around the outside of the assembly sliding into the seat besides Sam.

"Woah Florence what's-" Sam's words went unnoticed and Florence leaned across gripping Musa's arm. "-Musa where's Bloom don't lie to me." Musa sent Florence a worried glance as Sam tried to figure out the odd interaction.

"What's wrong you're anxious." Musa eyes suddenly lit up overwhelmed with stressed Florence a moment.

"Musa, now." Her anger resurfaced and Sam almost interfered. Florence noticed her strong grip of Musa and let go keeping her hands to herself as she waited.

"Aisha said she snuck out, looking for archives or something- let us come with you-" Florence's eyes darkened and she shuffled away from Sam.

"Musa keep yourself busy hiding from Terra hmm?" Musa's eyes widened and she sunk into herself. Florence's expression didn't shift as she stood before she could leave Sam grabbing her wrist.

"Florence what's the problem?" He muttered equally as hurt as Musa. Florence's eyes lit up at the touch and a harmless bolt travelled down her skin to his.

He retracted his hand in shock as Florence's eyes dimmed back down, "Doesn't involve any of you." Her harsh words were foreign as she disappeared from the assembly.