< ALL APOLOGIES >

ALL APOLOGIES
"What else should I be, all apologies."

"Hi Musa." Florence sighed closing the door knowing the girl had sensed her from the moment she entered the hall. "I'm sorry for waking you up." She tried to move past the sleepy girl leaned against the wall beside Florence's bedroom.

"Why are you upset Florence?" The girl had slipped her headphones on, leaving one headphone off. "I can feel it, it's rather horrible." Florence wasn't able to close the door Musa stopping it with her foot.

"Musa-

"Shh, Aisha is waking up you're too loud." Musa shut the door leaving the two girls in the room together, "Now, why have I been feeling so many emotions trapped inside you Florence, what are hiding." Florence paled unsure of the nosiness Musa usually didn't show.

"Well, have you told Terra yet?" Florence taunted undoing her hair as she shamelessly undressed in front of Musa changing into her pajamas.
"Sam was asking about you, you know?" Musa stepped forward covering Florence's mouth, the girl speaking obnoxiously loud.

"Terra can't find out yet Florence." Musa retracted her hands hesitantly, "Besides I'm here because I'm worried about you Florence, what you feel isn't..

"Isn't normal." Florence laughed dryly, lounging across her bed comfortably, "I went through something Musa." Florence scanned the details of the ceiling. Musa hesitantly crossed the room with Florence's invitation sitting beside her, her back against the bed rest.

"Something horrible." Florence turned to face her, her eyes partially closed, a small sniffle of her nose, "My father wasn't a good man, he used to." Musa sensed the extreme discomfort reaching out to clutch Florence's hand.

"He used to hit me.. after my.. my mother died anyway." Florence explained Musa settling into the bed further. "It happened for a while until it stopped. It stopped because of something I did Musa." Florence couldn't say it, she couldn't. How could she, the girls had been friends for a few weeks, Florence was wary to trust her.

"I'm really proud of you Florence." The soft hum of music played from Musa's headphones, both girls sitting in silence.

"Can I stay in your room tonight?" Musa questioned quietly, "Terra is still awake, she isn't planning on sleeping any time soon and.. I can't handle her emotions on top of mine." Florence was already half asleep, practically exhausted relaxing into the comfort of her sheets.

"Yeah.. yeah sure Musa." Florence eyes drifting shut thankfully, silence filling Musa's head for the first time in days.

-

"Archery? You've got be fucking with me." Florence cursed, Silva still hardly recovering from the burned one held up a bow, targets across the field.

"Language Florence." Silva felt he had said the phrase hundreds of times, handing the bow to the reluctant teen, "You're a wind fairy Florence, Archery should come easy to you." He managed a small chuckle still clutching the stick holding him up.

Florence rolled her eyes drawing the bow, a rather unnatural pose as she released an arrow, flying past the target. "Good lord." Silva pinched the bridge of nose, a laugh from Florence's lips as she drew the bow again now looking natural.

"Just having a laugh Silva, Dad taught me years ago." Three arrows later and Florence had hit all three targets, electrical burns in the targets from Florence's extra trick. "And you're right I do control the wind, rather hard to miss." The trainer smiled, before a pained expression overtook his face Florence reaching forward to assist him.

"I'm- I'm fine Florence, no need to worry yourself." The girl retreated concern etching her features. She knew Sky was worried, Florence sharing a similar feeling.

"Have they tracked it yet?" The pair walked side by side, Florence matching the slow pace of the headmaster, "It's been days they would've had too, right?"

"They are tracking it as of now, if anything is updated you and Sky will be the first to know." Silva brushed it off again, "You're Archery will prove to be a useful skill Florence you should practice." Florence nodded her hands behind her back, finally Sky approaching the pair, a less hesitant specialist strolling further behind.

"Hey Sky." Florence greeted leaving the pair her bag over her shoulder, she tried to best to avoid Riven on the failing as he stopped in front of her.

"Sparky." His voice sung out beginning to match her pace, Florence trying to outwalk the specialist. "Not going to talk about your late night visit are we?" She paled stopping as she pushed him back.

"Don't say a word to Sky." She spat, one hand still clutched around belongings. "Otherwise I'll cut your dick off fuck boy." Riven's smirk only widened watching as the heated fairy stormed off.

-

Class was usually Florence's favourite time of the day, however she wasn't overly keen. "Focus Florence." Dowling instructed behind the already on edge teen, her hands extended in front of her. The currents between her hands were hardly controlled cresting quite the light show as Florence tried to focus further.

"Florence, you need to focus, you aren't in control." She exhaled shakily transferring the magic to the magnets, a loud bang sounding as burn marks littered her desk, the magic overwhelming the magnets.

She could hear hushed laughter as she grabbed her bag, Dowling sending her an odd look. She couldn't think of an explanation rushing from the class, she felt like she was going crazy.