< NOTHING MATTERS >

NOTHING MATTERS
"I dig my fingers in, expecting more than just the skin."

"Good morning, class," Dowling greeted, Florence's head rested against her hand as her finger twirled the one in her fingers. "Today, we are exploring through the rich tapestry of magical history. Understanding our past is crucial to shaping our future as fairies and as specialists." Florence had begun to zone out which was unusual given her grades.

Training that morning combined with the rare sleep she was receiving due to insomnia, was exhausting her. "Hey, are you okay." Her eyes shot open again as she straightened up in her chair.

She looked for the owner of the voice the boy a seat beside her, tapping the edge of her desk. "Yeah, yeah I am sorry falling asleep during class is poor form." She smiled at the boy rubbing her face tiredly for a moment.

"..As magical beings, it's essential to know our roots. From the ethereal creatures of the ancient forests to the first enchantments cast by our ancestors, every step in our history has shaped the world we live in today."

"I'm Sam." The boy offered her his hand Florence shaking it politely. "You're friends with Musa right?" Florence sent him an odd glance looking from him and the board to scribble notes occasionally.

"Florence." She scrunched her brows, "Uh.. how do know my friend?" Her hand moved down the page as she wrote a few more points.

"Oh!" He exclaimed awkwardly, "I'm... I'm Terra's brother." He tried to clear up, clearly not interesting in the class his book left empty.

".. your point being?" Florence had made the teen flush a deep red, a small smile curving on her face. "Just having a laugh, I'm sure you have good intentions with Musa, Terra's brother." She begin packing her belongings Dowling's lesson finished. Sam chuckled awkwardly as he too stood giving her a small wave as he left the room first.

The walk to the study hall was a short one, passing by the specialists which were all heading in for the evening. Her eyes drifted across the grounds unfortunately spotting Riven, busy fiddling in his pocket most likely for a smoke. Her eyes lingered on him for a moment longer before his eyes moved up to look at her.

She didn't wait to see the grin on his face as she cast her gaze downwards, still able to view as the same red headed fairy from the other day approached him. Florence wasn't sure why she cared so much, but she knew jealousy was one of her worse traits.

A few hours of studying later and Florence's head had begun slipping from her hand, her eyes struggling to stay open. "Hello Florence Walker." She sat up startled, making eye contact with the fairy in front of her.

"Can I help you?" Florence muttered wearily finally packing her books away for the night. The girl pulled a chair out sitting across from her as Florence fixed her messy hair for a moment.

"Yes I'm Beatrix." She extended her hand, small electric currents running around her fingers, "Oh sorry." She retracted her hand, "Happens sometimes, you should know considering you are an air fairy Florence." Beatrix sat back rather smugly, Florence slightly bothered by the red headed fairy Riven had been chatting to.

"What would you like Beatrix." Florence stood her books collected in one arm.

"Nothing just friendship I swear." She offered her hand again, "We have a lot in common Florence, you'd be surprised."
Florence really did want to leave, considering shaking the girl's hand to make her leave.

"Talk to me tomorrow and we will see about friendship." Florence sighed moving past the air fairy, the red head at least satisfied with her remark, "For now stop stalking me, it's like fan behaviour." Beatrix smirked walking away from the irritated second year.