Shawn Hutchins

I was looking for something which was in front of my eyes.

Sweet scent of vanilla is what Shawn could inhale the moment he drew out the binder from his closet thick and heavy, hands trembling to find the zip and wended towards his bed with white silk sheets, snapping his knuckles he read the note attached to it that said,

SECRET FILE

INCLUDES PERSONAL DOCUMENTS

P.S don’t let Momma Rachel see it or else she will beat me!

His heart sank with a hard pang that pulled him back to present, he pulled down the zipper carefully. Birth certificate of Isabella Jones with a note ‘Can’t read the name of my real parents but I won’t cry because someone promised me, he will find my parents for me.’           

Rifling pages after pages Shawn’s hands stopped moving, eyes slightly widened ‘SECRET OF FRED AND CODY’S BUSINESS’

17th June. Fred aired on the T.V for a conference meeting with the President something for his new charity work, I was happy to find out that he was willing to invest money to our Great kids are often Abandoned Orphan and looking at our excitement we were all gathered to hear his great words. “I am glad to help the orphans.” He said drawing out a big paper from his richly designed coat, 20000000 million dollars and our happiness was the highest, Mia could’ve afford to go to the Oxford University she always wished to until what he said next,

“In return…” He turned his tough face towards our side and looked at everyone as if he was examining us, “Who’s the eldest?” He inquired and Momma Rachel smiled.

“Everyone who kept their steps in this Orphan will always be small for me.”

He didn’t knew me then nor did I know Shawn was his only son, he asked to take Ari in return, and spoke how great of a favor he had done to us, I had studied law and that was not how it worked…he then made a scene calling his colleague called Cody Williams, he didn’t look old but he was not…good to us either. He put false allegation on our orphan for child prostitution and poor Rachel momma cried at them both speaking foul towards us and her. I had recorded the whole conversation and somehow, he found out and I can’t ever let this video get in their hands. Shawn rifled the page and found a plastic bag with a pen-drive in it. I should’ve read it before. I could’ve showed this video and avoided the allegation, Shawn exhaled his face in his palm. Someone knocked on the door as he jerked his head up.

“Shawn…we have to go meet the Youngs. In the car please 5 minutes.” Shawn sighed putting the straightening the paper and the other paper fell out which looked like a picture, he bended picking up the paper, eyes squinted at the black and white bones and gasped at the note.

 Ultra-sound, I think it’s a girl!

Tears escaped Shawn’s eyes his eyes still numb from the storm his life was caught in, heart racing faster than ever at the thought of whose baby she was carrying. Wiping his tears, he turned to see the date 19 July 3 months after Shawn and he had ended their nonsensical relationship and he wanted to know the month of the ultra sound! He quickly drew out his phone calling a number.

“Hello, we have to meet at the-” He flipped the paper and the name was visible, sprinting towards the holder he took the keys,

“Ferrars Hospital.” A pause “Dr. Leo Young. Samuel, I swear I haven’t killed anyone.”

“Please wait here Sir, Doctor would be here in some time.” The nurse with a positive big smile said taking them into a big cabin. Shawn nodded sitting in the soft seat, he turned to Samuel breathing heavily as he kept wiping his face with his bare-hand, Shawn could say he hasn’t changed his clothes, big over-sized tee and sweat-pants, hair messy as he kept fixing them with his other hand inhaling and exhaling.