𝐬𝐢𝐱

Crystal POV
It's been two months since everything transpired and honestly I'm still not okay. I try to drown myself with work but it seems to just make everything worse.

Devale has been trying to talk to me but I just can't. I can't afford to breakdown again. The only time we will ever exchange a few words is when I'm dropping the kids off or he's coming to pick them up but other than that, nothing.

The twins have been asking me a lot of questions regarding the situation, and I've been honest with them. They are at the age where they can see the changes that's happening around them. They can feel the energy between their father and I. So, I sat them down and told them that we were on a break.

I didn't tell them about the cheating though. I don't want them to create an image of their father. Regardless of what he did, he's an amazing father and I don't want what he did to me to jeopardize his relationship with his daughters.

I can't lie, I do miss him. A lot actually. When you've been with the same person for fifteen years, you can't help but to miss him. I'm not mad at him anymore, I just can't face him right now. I also can't put the full blame on him because he does think he was drugged but still, you should have brought your ass home.

But I have been thinking about the drug thing. It's just not making sense. Who would intentionally drug Devale? So me being me, I had the owner of the club send me over the footage of that night. I want to watch it with Devale so I have yet to see it.

I don't think I can take it though. Seeing him getting drunk, seeing that girl dance on him, seeing him walk out the club with her. I don't know if I can take it. I will ask him about watching it soon though.

But I know as soon as he come over, I might cave in. I mean, who wouldn't? I can't afford that because I've been doing really good with avoiding him and I refuse to-

" We need to go out this weekend because you've been in this funk and quite frankly, I can't keep dealing with it. So we're going out this weekend and hopefully whatever it is that is going on with you, will go away for a little bit. " Liyah said as she burst in my office

" well hello to you too Aaliyah. How is your day going? " I asked sarcastically

" It's going well, how's yours going besides you being stuck in this office all day. " She said

" I've just been catching up on emails and I had two zoom calls earlier. " I said lying straight through my teeth. Ever since that day, i've just been isolated from everyone really, except my kids.

" you know I know you right? I especially know when you're lying so Crystal please talk to me. What's been going on babe? " She asked grabbing my hands

I wanted to tell her but I don't want her to create an image of Devale either. I always learned that sometimes you can't let people in on your relationship. Because what you tell them will stick. You may forgive the person but they won't.

" Listen, i'm okay. I just haven't been feeling well lately, that's all. " I said. Now that wasn't a lie. I've been sick ever since that night.

" I feel like you're leaving something out but I will take your word for it and wait till you're ready to talk about it. We should still go out though. I heard it's this new club in town and I feel like we should check it out. " She said

"Are you sure Isaiah is going to let you out of his sight ? " i asked teasing her. She started giggling like a maniac.

" I love my man honey, but he can survive without me for a couple of hours. I'll make it up to him. " she said sending off a wink.