Chapter 13

The first thing Boy noticed when he woke, was the fingernails gently dragging along his scalp.

"Wakey, wakey, Kitten. Time for lunch."

He pouted. "How much longer do we have?" He mumbled sleepily.

"About ten minutes," Penny answered.

"M'kay," he said dopily. "Keep scratching for a couple more minutes? It's nice."

"Two," she replied.

"Nine," he countered, his eyes still closed.

"Three,"

"Eight,"

"Five," she said sternly. "And no more. Professor Snape said you have to eat in the infirmary for some reason."

He stuck his tongue out.

The scratching slowed. "So," Amelia began. "Why do you have to go to the infirmary to eat?"

His eyes opened. "Oh... erm..."

"Snape won't answer that either," Olive observed. "He said that it was your decision to tell us or not. Kitten, are you bulimic or something? Is that why you're so light?"

"What? No!" He sighed, sitting up. "I- can you keep a secret?"

They all gave him 'are you serious?' looks.

"Professor Snape thinks that the blood candy triggered something in me, and I suppose it makes sense. I just don't want you to hate me like they do."

"Nothing you could say would ever make us hate you, Harry." Penny said firmly. "We love you!"

"Even if I was a Vílaupír?" He asked quietly, twisting his fingers together.

"A Veela-what?" Olive questioned, confused.

"Vílaupír," he repeated. "It's a cross between fae and vampire. Professor Snape gave me a book about them. It's a race that's been extinct since the early eighteen hundreds, well, it was thought to be extinct. I have traits from both creatures, but I swear, I'm not dangerous! I only drink blood from my... from my mate. All fae have them, and so do I. I don't feel the need to attack anyone or anything. That's why I was so forthcoming in the hospital wing, according to Professor Snape. They said I was out of it, because it was the first time I'd... you know, fed." He waited for the outbursts, screams or them to run away, with his eyes squeezed shut.

"That is so cool!" Olive gushed. "So who's your mate? Since you fed, you have to know who it is!"

When Boy stayed quiet, Penny took pity on him. "He's allowed to keep some secrets, Olive."

"Oh, fine!" She cried dramatically. "Keep your secrets! I might die sad and alone, but you'll still have your secret mate!"

Boy rolled his eyes. "You're completely mad. You do know that, don't you?"

"Meh." Olive shrugged. "So, does this mean that you'll marry me too? You're already going to marry Penelope and Amelia, and now your mate. What about me?"

"Look at you, Kitten," Penny said with a smirk. "Only eleven years old and already building your very own harem!"

"Lucky dog," Olive said, snorting.

Boy's nose scrunched up and he gave his most convincing kitty-hiss.

The end of class chime sounded.

It wasn't like the last time. It was just as intoxicating, but he didn't lose himself or get high again. While feeling absolutely wonderful, he didn't feel unfocused or overly chatty. What he did feel was hungry.