Chapter 2 - Pt.2

When Koty woke once more, it was at the light chiming sound from his dad's wand. And a sneeze.

Koty shivered, unconsciously pulling his wings in close.

"Thank you," his dad said, sounding somewhat muffled.

Turning around, he noticed that even tucked in, his wing was still covering most of the blond man's torso. "Sorry, Daddy," he said sleepily, moving his wings again.

"Are you?" He drawled.

Brows knit, Koty looked up.

"Are you truly sorry that your feathers decided to take up residence in my nose?" Lucius asked with an obviously fake stern expression.

Before he could stop it, Koty snorted and burst out giggling.

Behind him, his mum joined in. "I can help you with that, darling." She reached over their son and pinched his nose shut. "There we are. Perfect."

To Koty's shock, he watched his dad lick her palm, which was immediately withdrawn.

"You're disgusting," she said, rolling her eyes and wiping her hand on the blanket. Letting out a yawn, she made her way to the restroom.

Koty hadn't noticed it earlier, but his mum's hair was a crazy mass of wild curls that stuck up in all directions. He didn't envy her, having to comb all of that out. His present would be perfect for her!

"Daddy?" Koty began, knotting his fingers nervously.

"Yes, Kitten?"

"Can I come with you to rescue the cerberus? Please? I have to make sure she's okay." He looked up at his dad with sad, pleading eyes.

Lucius hesitated. Cerberus' were dangerous in the best of circumstances, which was why they were classed as XXXXX. He had no intention of letting either of his sons near something so deadly. "Koty, I cannot, in good conscience-"

"Okay," Koty said, shoulders slumping. He shimmied to the edge of the oversized bed and slid down slowly so his feet could reach the plush carpet. "I suppose I should get ready for breakfast."

Sighing as the door snicked shut, Lucius flopped back into his mound of pillows. "Cissa," he called out, sure she had been listening in on them.

"Yes?" She asked innocently, as if she hadn't been eavesdropping.

"Now what do I do?" He asked, ignoring her feigned obliviousness. "I clearly can't allow him, or any other child, near a bloody cerberus. Now he's heartbroken! How do I fix this? With Draco, saying 'no' isn't difficult, as his tantrums make me less inclined to cave to his whims, but Koty just... crumpled. What should I do?"

"Calmly remind him of the dangers, be sure to tell him that your 'no' was not a punishment and give him a hug. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything else you can do." She shrugged and made her way toward the elven vanity and picked up her hairbrush. Then she stopped. There was a small ceramic pot with a folded piece of parchment tied to the lid. "Lucius, what is this?" She asked with a smile. What had he gotten her?

Sitting up, he saw the little pot. "I haven't the foggiest. Pippa!" When his personal elf popped in, he continued. "Where did that come from?"

Pippa turned and giggled upon seeing what had left them so confused. "It is from Little Master Kitten. He says that the spells Mistress uses for curls is bad for hair. Potions is working better and is smelling like vanilla."

Lucius groaned. "Damn," he muttered. "Thank you, Pippa. You may go. Dobby!"

There was a soft pop and the excitable elf stood in front of them, bouncing on the balls of his feet. "How can Dobby be's assisting the Great Master Malfoy Lordy?"