Chapter 5 - Pt.2

Koty was happily munching on cubed mango, watching his friends. He'd usually be more involved in one of the conversations going on around him, but he was still tired and a bit achy.

Olive was giggling about a boy with Amelia, while Penny was laughing at a retelling of a prank the twins had played on their little brother.

"So, when the dye finally wore off," George was saying.

"We realised we'd gotten the amount of passion fruit seeds wrong." Fred finished.

"Well?" Penny prompted. "What happened?"

"Even though the dye was gone,"

"Ickle Ronniekins is still covered in faint pink stripes."

Penny burst out laughing once more, spraying grape juice on the table.

Koty waved away the purple mess and smiled at the redheads. "What made you two prank your brother in the first place?" He knew that they always had a reason to target someone. A few times he'd caught either one or the both of them, pranking Jamie as well. He'd noticed that it always seemed to occur right after Jamie had said or done something to Koty.

"Little berk had it coming," Fred said nonchalantly. "It's all taken care of."

At that, Amelia and Olive stopped gossiping about the guy, whose name was Brandon or Braden or something like that.

"You'd better tell us, or I might start sticking grapes up your noses." Olive picked up a bunch of grapes and popped one in her mouth.

George sighed. "The little snot snuck into our room,"

"And took the letter Kitten sent,"

"That we'd planned on asking dad about."

"He showed it to mum, yelling about us,"

"Hanging out with a... you."

"A disgusting creature?" Koty supplied, noting the hesitation. He yawned loudly and sipped at his cold juice to wake up a bit.

"The only thing that's 'disgusting'," Penny began sharply. "Is that woman's attitude! You are an absolute gem, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise!"

Koty turned a brilliant shade of red at her vehement words.

"I don't think I've ever seen so many early birds during summer holidays." A feminine voice said, in good humour.

Everyone faced the door, where the voice had come from, to find Lord and Lady Malfoy smiling at them.

"Morning!" Koty called out, a little too chipper as he pulled her chair out. "Oh! Bippit made your favourite, mum."

"Wonderful," she said, gliding across the room with such grace that no one should ever be able to match, even barefoot. "I do love danish."

A short while later, Noddy brought the mail. Upon seeing who his letter was from, Koty became nervous. "Uh oh," he said quietly, putting down his apple slice as dread pooled in his belly.

"Who's it from, Kitten?" Amelia asked, pouring herself more coffee. "And why do you look like it's about to eat you?"

That piqued his parents' interest. They put down their own correspondence in favour of understanding their son's sudden upset.

Koty took a fortifying breath and broke the wax seal.

Mr. Koty Malfoy,
It would appear as though you and I need to have a conversation. You and your family will be expected at tea for this discussion. While I understand that you are exceedingly intelligent, I am also well acquainted with the horrid people who lost the pleasure of calling themselves your parents. As a result, I realise you may not be properly educated in the ways of society. To return those gifts was highly inappropriate. I will see you and your new parents at 2pm tomorrow. I do not tolerate tardiness.
Lady Muriel Evalyn Prewett