Chapter 13 - Pt.2

"Hello, little one."

"Hi, Calliope!" Koty replied happily. "How are you three doing today?" He wanted to know if they liked their new living space. His dad had turned one of the abraxan stables into a place for them, as they were much too large to live in the house. Mr. Newt helped fix up the place and dubbed it 'absolutely perfect' before he would let them move in.

Inside the barn, there was a massive doggy bed and a small pond. The pond was actually connected to the lake by magic so that they would never run out of water. There were a lot of different things, including some ramps, that would help them strengthen their hind legs.

"We are well," Calista said calmly, as Clio nodded along happily.

"How are you?" Clio asked, licking a stripe up the side of his face. "And what about your mate? Did you see him yet? What did he turn into?"

Koty giggled at the excitable Clio. "Yes, I saw Sev. He seems fine, and he appears to have been turned into a frost elf! When I touched his ear, it kept twitching and it made him look like a little puppy!"

Calliope smiled and Clio let out a bark-laugh that made Koty think about his Uncle Sirius for a moment.

Wrapping his arms around the nearest neck, which turned out to be Calliope's, Koty just hugged her. "Oh, guess what?" He began, pulling back so they could see him properly. He told them all about the Potters, as well as what had occurred at the party, and the resulting article that made the public finally see them for what they truly were... it wasn't much. When he'd told them about how he had been 'raised', all three of them were ready to kill.

Trying to figure out how to calm them down, he started humming a song. It wasn't quite loud enough to make them fall asleep, but they did calm. When he thought it would stick, at least for a little while, he stopped humming. "Do you want to go down to the lake?"

For the next hour or so, Koty played in the shallow end of the lake, while the girls rolled around on their back. The water was shallow enough that their muzzles were out of the water, so as soon as they were comfy, let them just lie there. Every once in a while Koty would cup his hands in the water and splashed it on their belly.

"You do not use your gift," Calista said sternly. "Why? It is clear that the gift is powerful, yet you do not harness it. How will you ever defend yourself from your enemies if you do not take advantage of your full abilities? Have you even flown yet?"

"No," he replied honestly. "I don't know how to fly yet, and... I sort of... forgot about the water ability."

"Can we help?" Clio asked, nudging her sisters(?).

Koty made sure he didn't react when they wiggled their butt around, to swing the wheeled mechanism upright. He wanted to laugh, as it was kind of adorable, but remained quiet. He didn't want to hurt their feelings.

"Cup some water in your paws." Clio instructed.

Calista rolled her eyes and nudged Clio. "He has hands, not paws. Oh, you might as well be a cat, for all the good you do."

"Be nice," Koty said half-heartedly, collecting water in his hands.

"No, no, no." Clio shook her head. "Use your fae magic! Focus on your hands, 'cause that's where you want it to go."

Koty closed his eyes and took a long, slow breath. He imagined a small ball of water, rising up from the lake and gliding smoothly into his hands. In his mind, the ball of water retained its shape, and he jumped when he felt something touch his palms. The shock of water touching his hands was enough for him to lose focus, and the wobbly orb splashed back into the water.