chapter 4

Everything feels too irritating lately. I don't know why I'm suddenly annoyed by how the sunlight was touching my bare skin, how some of my hair strands were sticking to my face, how sweat was forming  in my hands and how dry my lips felt when I tried to wet it.

Everything annoys me today, and I don't know what the reason could be.

Was it because of what I witnessed  last week? Was I really jealous of my brother's friend and my best friend possibly getting together? But, shouldn't I be happy? They looked good for each other. Truly a match made in heaven.

"Yumi! It's time for lunch!" my older brother called for me from outside my room, so I decided to just stand up and eat and sleep after.

I've been to lazy these past few days, and maybe it was because of my period. I don't know. I don't want to overthink things anymore, and yet, I still keep on doing it like it's breathing.

"Did you even wash your hair, Yumi? You've been in your room since Friday. Are you alright?" Our mother worriedly asked me while Sungchan just laughed, after seeing my current state. I wanted to glare at them, but stopped myself. I already know that I look like shit. They didn't have to point it out.

"I'm fine, Ma." I  answered  curtly, not wanting to say anything more.

I already feel pathetic enough.

"Anton! You're finally here!" I almost spit out the water I was drinking when my mother went to the door and greeted Anton. Why is he here all of a sudden? What the fuck? Why didn't anyone warn me that he'll be coming?

Anton smiled when he saw me before messing my hair, while he fist bumped with Sungchan.

"My sister didn't wash her hair yet you decided to touch it? Dude, wash your hands. Now." Sungchan teased me, and that made me kick his leg under the table, making him groan in pain. Serves him right. How can he say that in front of Anton? But thanks god Anton was kind, he instead slapped Sungchan's shoulder jokingly instead of riding in his joke.

And, I should've at least combed my hair before going down. Now, Anton has seen me looking like shit.

"Eat first, and then you can go out, okay? What's the place you'll be going to again?" Mother started interviewing Anton, and I too waited for his answer. They were going somewhere? I wasn't aware of it. Or, maybe it's just them boys hanging out? Or, maybe, I'm not aware since I've been on dnd since Friday night?

"We're hanging out at Rina's place and maybe have a possible sleep over too." Anton answered politely. And I wished I didn't have to hear or see him right now. He was glowing, all because Rina was brought up. I wanted to go back upstairs and just lock myself up.

And Rina's place? Why wasn't I informed that they'll be hanging out? I wanted to ask, but I'm not even sure if I can. I don't even know if they truly treat me like I'm one of them, or they're just being nice because I'm their friend's younger sister.

"Rina? Isn't she your online friend, Yumi? I didn't know she's already staying here," My mom turned to ask me, and this time all their attention focused on me. I wanted to melt. Of course Mom wouldn't know since I don't want to talk about Rina these past few days.

I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, but it was hard not to feel jealous at all. I feel like shit and I'm aware that I'm a bad friend. Rina doesn't deserve me. She's been nothing but kind, but here I am getting jealous of her for being liked by Anton.

"I've been too busy to tell you. But, we're good, Ma." Came my brief reply, again. I didn't want to keep on talking, it's tiring. I just want to go back to my room and sleep. Tomorrow's Monday, but because it's a holiday, we wouldn't have any class.

"Idiot, I already told you last night that we'll have a sleep over at Rina's place since it's a long weekend anyway. Anton's coming with us 'cause he's in charge of the directions. Remember?" Sungchan asked me, as if he already read what's in my mind.

And then I finally remembered.

"Hey, sleep over at Rina's place on Sunday. Are you going? You're not checking our messages on the group chat." Sungchan said from outside my room.

"I don't want to go! Get lost!"

Oh no. So, once again, it was my fault.

"It's fine to have a sleep over, just don't sleep with the ladies, okay? No drunk driving, please!" Our mother warned after we finished eating. It was just a relief that our mother wasn't the strict type. She lets us do everything, as long as we know our limitations.

"Are you coming, Yuyu?" Anton asked me, and Sungchan also glanced my way, waiting for my response.

"Ah, no. I'm not feeling really good. You guys go ahead and enjoy, and say hi to the girls for me," I answered, a small smile on my lips to assure them I'm fine with this decision.

And I was being honest. I'm sure as fuck that I'll only ruin the mood if I ever go there. It was better for me not to attend any group hang outs until I really move on and get used to seeing my unrequited love of 7 years and my best friend get sweet with each other.

I know I'm sounding so selfish right now, but I'm trying to save myself the drama and pain.

"You sure? We can wait for you," Anton asked again, and he sounded so nice with his gentle way of talking, that it only make me even guiltier, knowing that it was because of my selfishness that's causing my dramatic ass today.

"No need. You guys can go ahead." I answered quickly, trying my best not to get swayed by this pretty boy in front of me.

"Drink meds, alright? And don't stay up too late," Sungchan told me, and he sounded worried, making me once again feel guilty.

"And text me if you change your mind, I'll come get you, Yuyu." Anton said, before once again messing my hair with a playful smile on his lips, making me glare at him, since he knows I hated it whenever he's messing with my hair.

"Yeah yeah," I answered nonchalantly, but deep down, I could feel my heart skipping a beat. He'd really do that, for me? Impossible.

"Take care, boys!" My mother yelled from the kitchen, while I just watched their car go from the front door.

"Yumi. Do you want to know a secret?" I almost screamed when I saw my mother already behind me. I thought she was in the kitchen!

"Not in the mood, Ma." I answered, before walking away.

"You're too obvious, Yumi. I can see you have a crush on Anton, and it's been years. You only avoid them every time there's a girl that Anton has a crush on that's also hanging out with your friends." My mother said, and I have never felt more bare before. How was she able to know all that? Was I really that freaking obvious?

"Ma!"

"Stop acting so shy around him, and start going after him instead! Do you know how I was able to marry someone like your father? It's because I chased after him. He was the handsome popular kid, like your brother. And I was a silent kid like you, so it was never going to work out. But, I really like him, so I did everything in order for him to like me back," My mother shared, and I wanted  to ask her how she did it, but I don't know what I'll even do with the information.

I already knew their love story. It was like a romcom book. But, it was only possible because my father already had his eyes set on my mother even before my mother made her first move. It won't work for me, because Anton doesn't even look at me.

"Ma, I don't like Anton. He's my friend," I told her, but of course my Mother just 'tsked' at me.

"Keep on denying it, and you'll forever regret it. Remember, Yumi. We girls can get the man of our dreams if we do the first move, so go and move your ass." My mother joked, even bumping her butt with my butt, before winking and going back to the kitchen.

"And I'm baking cookies! Come here!" she screamed, making me smile, before going to the kitchen to eat the best cookies in town.

to be continued. . .

short update, but the chasing will begin shortly lol thanks mama jung ;)