chapter 10

Last night seems to be so far from the reality of today. We were back in school, and two guys had already showed me their bitchiness by shoving their gifts they bought for my girl friends. The cookie I received yesterday from someone inside the cafe made me assume that maybe... I can still be pretty enough to receive something, but once again, I was proven wrong.

"I'll ask her if she receives it, so don't ever take it for yourself." Another guy from one of my GE classes threatened me, but I just gave him a nod, not wanting to say anything more since I already know that nothing will happen if I decided to open my mouth.

Their narratives had been the same, that I sometimes get bored listening to them. Besides, if only they know that my girl friends just throw away their gifts once I give it to them, I'm sure as fuck that they'll cry like crazy since their gifts all look like they cost a lot of money.

The only good thing about this day was seeing Anton again for our ARTS 1 class, and of course, eating lunch with my friends.

"Hey! Yumi!" I was shocked when someone called me, and the voice sounded so familiar.

"Yumi!" I frowned when I realized who was calling me. It was Jihan. My ex boyfriend. We're classmates in one of my classes this sem, but he was absent earlier, so I don't know why he's suddenly here in front of me.

"What?" I asked, not wanting to be seen next to him. Besides, he already has a bad reputation after what he did to me and other girls since he's known to be a cheater and a manipulator.

"What's with the tone? Did you not miss me? I've been looking everywhere for you. Gimme a hug," Jihan faked sounding hurt, before trying to close the gap between us to give me a hug, but I pushed him away using both of my hands.

"No. Can't you see that I don't want to? so please, stop bothering me." I told him sternly, before walking away, but I was shocked when Jihan grabbed my arm tightly, before making me face him. There weren't students walking by in the hallway we're in, so I feel a little bit scared.

My day's fucking ruined.

"You know what? This is why I can't truly be with you. You don't want to get physical with me. Ever. I was your boyfriend, but the only thing you let me do with you was hold your hands. So, of course I'm going to want another girl. So, I need you to tell your brother and friends to stop with their annoying rumors about me because I'm on the verge of getting suspended just because I cheated on Jung Sungchan's younger sister." Jihan told me, and he looked angry, but he was still smiling at me in a creepy way.

I on the other hand couldn't let his words fully sink in since I was trying to let go from his grip on my arm because it was already hurting too much. He was holding my arm tightly that I can already feel that it would bruise later.

"It's not my fault, Jihan. And I'm fucking glad that I chose not to let you do anything with me, because you're a fucking jerk who doesn't know how to treat a lady right. And you know what? You are the reason why your life's like that. I don't care anymore, so let me go!" I screamed, hoping someone will hear me, but I was shocked when Jihan pulled me closer before pulling my hair. I let out a yelp, before elbowing him on his stomach.

His hand let go of me, and I took that opportunity to run away from him. I don't know why I suddenly saw him, but I just want to get away right now. Fuck you, Jihan. I fucking hate him so much that I wish he'd just suddenly fade away so that I won't have to think about him anymore.

Right on time, Rina appeared from a corner so I ran towards her. She smiled at me at first, but her eyes turned into slits when she finally realized what's happening since Jihan was just behind me.