chapter 16

im here to remind incase yall already find it annoying, but yumi is an insecure character. if jealousy, jealousy by olivia rodrigo was a person, it would be jung yumi. shes supposed to be annoying, sad, and misunderstood but i hope youd still try understanding her as she tries to improve herself throughout the story, thank you <3

chapter 16

It was a gloomy day, the road was a bit wet from the rain earlier, and the sound of my shoes stepping on the dried orange leaves were somewhat calming me as I walk down the road towards the train station. It was a new day again, and I'm glad that I was able to make Anton leave last night despite him wanting to stay to make sure I'm alright. Besides, he had something to do early in the morning, so I'm glad he decided to go home instead.

I had no one to drive me to campus today, because they all have their things to do, but of course I didn't mind. I love riding the train.

Not really.

A passenger spilt her coffee on me. I wanted to scream, to tell her that she should've been more careful, but of course I can't do that. I don't want to cause a scene, so instead, I just told her it's fine after her continuous effort of cleaning my shirt and her continuous apologies.

"Wait, you go to Seoul Uni?" she suddenly asked, so I gave her a small smile and a nod. She must have seen my ID lace.

"I go there too! I'm a freshman and a creative writing student." The girl exclaimed with a proud smile on her face. Wait, what? If she's a freshman and a creative writing student, why haven't I seen her around campus then?

"I am too! Why haven't I seen you before?" I asked, confused. But, the girl squealed, causing other passengers to stare at us, others were even glaring because we were being too loud.

"I had something come up, so I was absent for a month, but I'm here now. OMG, I'm so glad to meet you! Now, I'm sure I won't get off on a wrong stop since it is my first time riding a train after all. I'm Hwang Bora by the way. You are?" Bora asked, and she sounds so friendly, even offering her hand to me, so I accepted it. And it's her first time riding a train? She must be a rich kid if so.

"Nice to meet you too, Bora. I'm Jung Yumi." I answered as I shake her hand.

It wasn't long until we reached campus, and Bora has been clinging to me already, but I just let her since she's practically a new student right now. I just hope she gets to have lots of friends here so that she'll be able too enjoy her uni life more. But base on her bubbly personality, I'm sure she'll be popular in no time.

"Bora Hwang, you bitch!" I heard someone yell, and the next thing I knew, Bora is already surrounded by lots of girls who seem to be her friend.

"You've been gone for too long!" I heard another one scream, so I decided to slowly walk away since it looks like Bora isn't such a 'newbie' as I thought. She already has friends, so I'm sure my assistance isn't needed anymore.

"I'm sorry, but my dad already talked to the director so I'm good to go. Wait, Yumi! Come here, don't leave!" I heard Bora screaming for me, so I looked back, and I immediately felt shy after realizing that all her friends are also looking at me.

What does she even want now?

"Girls! Meet Jung Yumi, we're the same course! And these are my high school friends." she introduced me happily to her friends, and I just smiled at them, but I can see that some don't want me here. It was evident because they were blatantly ignoring me, so I excused myself immediately.