Chapter 7

Aahi called her mother. The phone was picked up at the first ring itself.

Her mother asked, "AAHI!! Where are you!! Why was your phone unreachable! Are you okay!!?? Do you know how worried we all are!! Even bhaiya (brother) called me saying you haven't called them!!"

Aahi hearing her mother's concerned voice with other family member's voice in the background tried to control her tears and trying to sound as cheerful as possible she said, "Mumma, Pappa I'm all okay, the thing is the bus which I would be coming to Mumbai had some technical issue and the driver said the bus has completely stopped working and due to that I have to stay in a hotel overnight."

Her mother, who was still concerned about her, said, "Beta video call me right now. My heart feels uneasy."

Aahi smiled and said, "Okay wait, I will call you."

Saying that she video calls her mother and saw everyone in the family looking at her with concern, but seeing her smiling all sighed in relief.

Her father said, "Beta show us the room, did you check it properly, is it a good hotel?"

Aahi smiled and said, "Yes I checked my room, everything is good and all the other passengers are staying in this hotel as well. Here." Saying that she turned the camera and showed the room to them.

She turned the front camera as she finished showing them the room and said, "Now you guys go to sleep and don't worry I'm okay."

Her badi mummy Kamini (her father's big brother's wife basically one type of aunt) took the phone and said, "Beta you could have informed this before na, do you know how worried we were, this is why I always told you not to travel alone many times, but you never listen to anyone and just do what you think is right."

Aahi looked at her with guilt and said, "Sorry badi mummy I didn't want you guys to worry about me, it's just that it took me time to search for a hotel and there were network issues as well so...."

Her badi mummy was about to taunt her again but her cousin brother Anirudh took the phone away and said, "Are it's okay behana (younger sister), what is important is that you are okay, this all happens, me and Advik will take care of everything here, you just come back safely."

Advik her real brother came to the picture and said, "But be ready to get a beating from me once you come back for making us worry like that! Idiot!"

Anirudh added from behind, "Yes we will give you a good one."

Her grandfather's voice from behind came, "Don't you guys dare say anything to my Aahi, this all wasn't her fault, we should be happy that she is all well. And no one will say anything to her, even she knows how to take care of herself! She is my lioness."

Aahi smiled at her grandfather's words and said, "Ha ha you guys can never win against me!"

Advik and Anirudh then went to a distance. Anirudh said, "Anyways, come back safely, we will take care of the elders."

Advik said, "Yes, and keep calling us and make sure your phone is always charged."

Anirudh then said, "And don't take what mumma said to heart."

Aahi smiled and answered, "Of course I won't, now you guys go to sleep as well we will talk later."

Both her brothers smiled and said, "Yes you take care as well and don't worry about others, rest well."

Saying their good nights the call ended.

Anirudh went out and handed Rugnita Aahi's mom her phone and turning to his mother said, "Mumma why did you say such th-"