Wattpad Original
Ada 14 bab gratis lagi

Ch. 16: One Wrong Click

I kicked off my shoes the second I left the ballroom. They hit the wall with a satisfying thud, and I was more comfortable on the plushy carpet barefoot anyway.

Blake didn't follow me into the hall, despite me not rushing toward the elevator. So, I made it to my room without interruptions and tossed the shoes into the corner. I watched them hit the wall with a thud then wiggled out of my dress. Silk pooled around my feet in shimmering green waves. My hopes were riding on the dress for close to two days.

Now, I walked over it.

My reflection in the mirror was painful to look at. Corset, a ripped stocking behind one knee, and—absurdly!—perfect hair and makeup on my twisted face.

The peacock feathers swayed prettily as I shook my head and wetted a towel to scrape off mascara, blush and lipstick. All of it was as useless to me as the multicolored smudge it left on the white cotton.

Because I was Celeste, the Stray.

No. I chuckled bitterly and glanced at my wrist. The initial glow of the Mark had faded, but it was plenty clear. Celeste the Omega! Woo-effing-hoo.

I scrubbed at my cheeks even more vigorously. What I wouldn't give to wash off the Omega mark along with the makeup. The best I could do was to change into a thin but long-sleeved shirt I found among the hiking clothes Mie purchased for me. I added a pair of dark jeans and my old sneakers.

There, I was ready to search for my wolf...Blake said he'd help me with it.

Except he would be busy all night with his pack, his guests, and his party. Everyone would be there, having fun, except me, who would spend the Summer Solstice night alone and miserable in this posh and faceless room. It didn't smell right.

And there was zero chance Blake would come to check on me here: he was crystal clear about it this morning.

So I could go to bed, despite not being sleepy at all, or I could go...no, not back to the party. Goddess no!

Not to the already darkening woods, either. No, with the blood-thirsty rogues skulking around that would be crazy. Though if I could somehow return to Blake's cabin, I would.

I ached to roll myself into his blankets and inhale his scent as deeply as I could. Just thinking about it filled me up on the inside, warmth spreading down my belly. My panties felt wet from it, so I slipped my hand behind the waistband of my sweatpants to see if I was imagining things.

The shred of silky fabric between my legs was wet. Somehow, rubbing it against the swelling of my vulva while imagining I was doing it in Blake's bed, with Blake's scent all over me...inside me...Blake inside me. Goddess, I wanted it. Why was she denying me this?

A moan escaped my lips, waking me up from this trance. Blushing, I pulled my fingers out of my lady parts. I had never touched myself like this before, and I didn't know if I was doing it right. But I was wet and my knees shook...so, probably, I did what my body wanted me to do with it.

I moaned again, sadly this time, because the magic hedge and Blake's wolf wouldn't let me have more of this in his sheets. And Blake's rules wouldn't let me do it with him until I shifted and went into heat.

If going in heat was anything like the sweet sticky lust that overtook me just now, I couldn't imagine not losing my mind from pleasure.

But for right now, right now...

I rummaged through my belongings with shaking hands...I had a place to go that wasn't as tempting as Blake's cabin. But neither was it as faceless as my hotel room. It was a place where I already started to feel at home. Where I could sit and flip through Reed's files, make myself a nice, warm cup of tea.