Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

Ch. 21: Alpha Boys and Omegirls

Even when growls in Blake's throat became words, he still sounded gravelly. "If you go into heat, I'll kill anyone who tries to come between us."

Murder lurked in his voice, but I sagged in relief. His anger wasn't directed toward me for asking the pointed questions. It was all focused on that wolf who would try to steal his Alpha's mate. I was sure Blake saw Harold in his mind's eyes when he had uttered his threat, and I almost felt pity for the flippant Beta. "Even if they don't know you want me for yourself? It sounds unfair."

"They don't have to," Blake said with a lopsided grin that promised cruel fate to anyone stupid enough to cross him. "I wouldn't stand for anyone pinning an unwilling she-wolf who can't defend herself. And if you go in heat, Celeste, they will all know who you want."

"Goddess," I whispered, pressing the cool palms of my hands to my burning cheeks. If they—the girl in lavender and her cronies—mocked me when they only suspected I liked Blake, mocked me when I was down, the humiliation awaiting me when they knew for sure... "Goddess..."

"It would probably be for the best if I pin you before anyone smells the slick on you," Blake went with the same grin on his face, "because when in heat, you wouldn't think of anything else, wouldn't find consolation in anything until I'm inside you, giving you what you want. Again and again, until your heat-lust is sated."

"It sounds awful." And wonderful in its own way, if...

Picking on my hesitation, Blake whispered, "There is no shame in it. Shame is on those who stand in the way of nature or make crude jokes about she-wolves. So, yes, you can come to me, and I would give you everything you want—"

"In secret?"

He nodded. "Unless we can mate with the consent of the pack and the blessing of the Moon Goddess, a Luna to her Alpha, then, yes, it will be in secret."

If I discarded everything the human society drilled into me about a woman's sexuality, where modesty and restraint equaled self-respect...maybe then there will be no shame in the secret sex marathon Blake was describing. "No."

"Then you'd better lock yourself in your room, don't lay your eyes on me or come near enough to catch my scent while the heat spell is upon you."

I trembled, half from the strange thrill of the conversation, half from indignity. "I'm sure I can restrain myself from humping you without becoming a hermit!"

"You won't," he said. No judgment, just stating a fact.

Great. "And you know this first-hand, don't you?" I murmured.

"I had seen a she-wolf in heat, yes."

Scarlett, it had to be Scarlett.

My shoulders dropped in defeat. Whatever I wanted, Scarlett had gotten it before me. Way before me, way before I even knew I wanted it.

She had her wolf forever and Luna's Mark. She'd even wormed herself under Blake.

About the only thing I had before Scarlett was a fated mate, and how much was it worth?

My fated mate, Blake, had already resigned himself to mate Scarlett over me. And why shouldn't it be so, if she'd finished first? By all signs, she was the rightful Luna, and I was a bumbling idiot.

"Celeste, you are very quiet." Blake stroked my hair.

I lifted my gaze at him, not even trying to bite back a sob. "Blake, I'm so confused. One moment, I love the pack, and I hope that one day I will belong among you."

He nodded. "You will."

My lips shook. "But what if... what if I don't feel like I can accept the place that was given to me?"