Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Ch. 24: Alpha in the Middle

If I was a sight when I burst into Blake's office, Scarlett was a vision.

She sprawled on Blake's mahogany desk like a diva on a grand piano. A diva in a shimmering gold sheath. The dark, polished wood reflected her like a mirror.

If she were standing, her dress would have covered her knock-out body to the ankles.

But Scarlett, even when she wasn't in heat, would never hide her legs. And she was in heat, so she made sure everyone saw what good legs she had. The slits on both sides went all the way to her armpits. Velvet bows pinned it together here and there, but far from tight. There was plenty of sun-kissed flesh left to see.

Absolutely stunning, but wait! It got worse from there. Scarlett was in heat and peaking.

In the past, when I had gone for a couple of days without food, then had to walk past a barbecue joint or a bakery, the scent of food used to make me swoon and drool from hunger. Multiply this sensation by a hundred times, and that would be about the strength of Scarlett's pheromones. They hit my nostrils like the fireworks of alluring scents.

I wanted to toss Scarlett on the floor, rip the gold dress off of her and tear into her with bites, or kisses, or both. Oof.

If this was my reaction to Scarlett's mating call sign when I hated her guts, then Blake who respected her...

Gosh, it was a miracle I didn't find him on the table too, satisfying her urge. Instead, Blake jammed himself between his exec leather chair and the heavy desk. Relief flickered in his green eyes when he caught my gaze.

I looked deeper into his eyes—and Scarlett's hormonal haze lifted from me as if by magic. She-wolves in heat had the most acute impact on the unmated wolves. Blake and I didn't firm up our bond, but being fated mates probably offered a bit of protection even so.

That's how Blake didn't succumb to the werewolf siren in heat! That's why he seemed genuinely pleased with my cock-block. A smile even started in the corner of his mouth, then he noticed my torn sleeve and my disheveled hair, and his joy fell away.

He jumped to his feet, sending the chair rolling into the far wall. His hands clenched into fists. "What happened! Who dared?"

The incident with Monica and others lost its significance next to that proof of Blake's loyalty to me. I chuckled shamefacedly. "Just a squabble over lunch, my Alpha."

Scarlett turned to eye me, looking more like a gold snake than a lupine. But don't for a minute think she forgot who was of real interest to her in this office.

Never that!

She stretched languidly as she repositioned. If Blake had somehow missed the sinuous line of her spine or the curve of her hip and her tiny waist, now it was impossible to ignore.

"Someone stole your lunchbox, little Omega? Sad, if true." Scarlett's perplexed expression implied that nobody wanted anything I had touched, like I would spread my unshifted Omega boogies. "But why bring such a miniscule offense before your Alpha?"

Blake growled low in his throat. "There's nothing minor about my Omega being attacked in the middle of the day by her fellow pack members!" He brought both fists on the top of the desk.

Scarlett didn't even flinch. "Wolves fight."

Then she upturned her face to Blake with a seductive smile. The message couldn't be clearer. She wasn't going anywhere and would mate the Alpha in my presence if she had to. I was a nobody to her, less than a servant.

I crossed the room to break their eye contact. Look at me, Blake. Just look at me.

"Alpha, you need to tell me where the Moon Arch is. I know it's dangerous, but I have to win the pack's respect. Win their love." Win your respect. Win your love.