CHAPTER FIVE

cornerstone // arctic monkeys

S I E N A

It's a beautiful May day. It's the final day of the month, meaning summer is only around the corner. Today in my day off, and Lux is off too. Due to the warm weather, we decide to go out for the day.

"I'm so glad when the weather is warm on my day off. It's perfect." Lux smiles, turning her head into the sun.

"I know. It's glorious, isn't it?" I respond, looking amongst the busy park of dog walkers, runners and families having picnics. "I gave up my sleep for this and it's worth it."

"How has work been going?" She asks, looking over at me with one eye shut cos of the brightness of the sun.

"It's been good." I nod, looking down at the flowers beside me. I can't tell her the truth of course, she'll only say I'm mad or tell me to quit, but I can't. It's non-negotiable until I've been there for a year. What a nightmare.

"It's so warm!" Lux almost moans with pleasure as she leans back on the bench of Hyde Park.

The vibrant trees above us were almost lifeless due to the lack of wind. The park is littered with blossoming flowers, creating a kaleidoscope of colours. The air is filled with a sweet fragrance, and really makes me feel at peace. There's not a single cloud in the sky and the glorious sunshine feels immaculate on my skin. Something about the heat always makes me crave a sweet, refreshing alcoholic drink.

"Fancy a drink?" I ask Lux, readjusting my chiffon black and grey marble dress. The short puffy sleeves have done quite the job at keeping me cool. "Silver Pour is just down the road. My treat."

I cannot believe Domenico willingly gave me fifteen thousand for last nights incident. I've had to hide it in my room as I know every bank will suddenly ask and be suspicious of me when I turn up to deposit such amount to my very little current balance. I've got about two hundred of it on me today. I can't carry too much because Lux will be suspicious too.

"Go on then, let's do it!" Lux smiles, standing up. Her pastel pink dress blends into the surroundings well, whereas my black dress on a summers day sticks out like a sore thumb.

We have the park and walk towards Silver Pour. We've been here before, and have spent a of time on the patio. We have a little giggle and a chuckle as we're walking to the bar, and we're relieved and surprised to see it's empty expect for a singleton at the bar, unless there's people in the tap room around the back. The modern bar is an urban haven, it's sleek and stylish and extremely popular for the young people of the area. Unlike a usual bar, it's well lit, with floor to ceiling windows carrying the light indoors. Jailbreak by AC/DC is playing in the background as I spot for a table outside.

"You go get a seat. I'll go to the bar." Lux nods as I approach the bar. I lean against the marble top and look to my left surprised lo see a familiar face. "Ezra?"

He looks at me with wide eyes. "Sax? What are you doing here?" He seems sketchy.

"Just grabbing a drink with my friend." I frown. "What's up? You're behaving weird." I'd like to think my know each other by now.

"I—" before he has chance to explain, a familiar voice cuts him off.

"Siena? What the fuck are you doing here?" Domenico stares down at me.